X509 IBMJSSE under Web Services

Sean Kelley

Feb 13, 2004, 1:20:43 PM2/13/04
Sun works fine but IBMJSSE yields:
java.net.SocketException: Default SSL context init failed: Algorithm SunX509 not available
at javax.net.ssl.DefaultSSLSocketFactory.createSocket(DashoA6275)
at org.apache.axis.components.net.JSSESocketFactory.create(JSSESocketFactory.java:130)

I presume the X509 SocketClass is not supported by Web Logic under IBMJSSE.. since it works fine with the sun provider. Or do I need to specify a particular definition in my java.security file?

This is what I had in java.security:

#IBM
#security.provider.1=sun.security.provider.Sun
#security.provider.2=com.ibm.crypto.provider.IBMJCE
#security.provider.3=com.ibm.jsse.IBMJSSEProvider
#security.provider.4=com.ibm.security.cert.IBMCertPath
#security.provider.5=com.ibm.crypto.pkcs11.provider.IBMPKCS11

Pavel

Feb 16, 2004, 10:41:32 AM2/16/04

Weblogic 8.1 uses Certicom SSL implementation, which will not use IBM JCE provider
for SSL because of the problems encountered with this provider. When it does not
find an acceptable JCE provider it defaults to a Jsafe provider. WLS provides
its own public SSL API.

If you are using JSSE API (assuming 8.1) you should consult JSSE documentation
about configuring the providers. The error message indicates a configuration problem,
and the java.security file you listed has all the providers commented out.

Pavel.