Problem with SSL configuration

Dalia Rani Thomas

Jul 12, 2001, 2:56:14 AM7/12/01

I am trying to SSL enable weblogic 6.0 sp2. I have obtained a test id
from verisign. I the certificate I got from verisign, I copied from my
mail to a file called verisign.pem. In the console while configuring, I
have given this files path as the Server Certificate file path. What
value I have to give in the Server Certificate Chain file. I just gave
democert.dem

While restarting the server I am getting the following error
<Jul 12, 2001 12:20:46 PM GMT+05:30> <Alert> <WebLogicServer> <Security
configuration problem with c
ertificate file config/mydomain/Dalia-key.der,
java.lang.NullPointerException>
java.lang.NullPointerException
at weblogic.security.PKCS5.setPassword(PKCS5.java:173)
at
weblogic.security.RSAPrivateKeyPKCS8.<init>(RSAPrivateKeyPKCS8.java:124)

at
weblogic.t3.srvr.SSLListenThread.<init>(SSLListenThread.java:387)
at
weblogic.t3.srvr.SSLListenThread.<init>(SSLListenThread.java:297)
at
weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.initializeListenThreads(T3Srvr.java:942)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.initialize(T3Srvr.java:403)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.run(T3Srvr.java:169)
at weblogic.Server.main(Server.java:35)
<Jul 12, 2001 12:20:54 PM GMT+05:30> <Notice> <WebLogicServer> <WebLogic
Server started>

Dalia

Amit Ingale

Jul 12, 2001, 8:32:57 AM7/12/01

hi
the mistake ur making is
while generating csr copy the public key
which is displayed in characters format
when u get mail from verisign
u click on a link provided by them and paste there
and after following their instrusctions, download the certificate called getcacert
its format should be .der

and dont use democert, use ur one private key generated
during csr

regards
Amit
www.wapdrive.com/iamit

Dalia Rani Thomas

Jul 13, 2001, 5:44:38 AM7/13/01

I am afraid I am missing some steps. This is what I did

1. I have generated the csr using the weblogic/certificate servlet.
2. I pasted this into the verisign's web form which accepts the CSR
3. Now I got a mail, which contains the digital certificate. That portion of the mail
which contains the certificate, I have pasted to a file and named it as verisign.pem.
4. Now I go to the weblogic console and trying to enable SSL.
5. There are three fields there,
Server Key file
Server certificate file
Server Certificate chaining file.

What values should I give to these fields?

Thanking you in advance
Dalia

Amit Ingale

Jul 16, 2001, 12:50:52 AM7/16/01

hi

when u copy the cert from u r mail
paste it to a file in .der format this is ur
signed public key
then click the link provided by them
u will be asked to paste ur public key u just
copied from the mail u got, and just click
on INSTALL button and save this certificate as
getcacert.der

this will work for sure

regards

Amit Ingale

Dalia Rani Thomas

Jul 18, 2001, 2:55:37 AM7/18/01
to ami...@rediffmail.com
Hi,

I could get the file getcacert.cer. and I could successfully configure ssl.
Now I am configuring theNSAPI plugin for iplanet web server.
in the obj.conf file as the trusted CA file, I have given this file's path, but
i get an error saying "Wed Jul 18 12:00:31 2001 ERROR: Failed to load trusted CA
file(C:/Netscape/Server4/bin/getcacert.cer). err = 0 loaded = 0"

Can you tell me what is the problem

David Barrett

Jul 24, 2001, 2:16:05 PM7/24/01
I've recently been having the same problems as Dalia. Can you be a
little more clear on where I go to "click on the INSTALL button"? Am
I supposed to be going to a Versign web site?

Best,
David

David Barrett

Jul 25, 2001, 9:55:38 AM7/25/01
horaho...@yahoo.com (David Barrett) wrote in message news:<6d46e622.01072...@posting.google.com>...

Installing a certificate through windows ok, but I'm running Weblogic
on Solaris Sun Box. Do you know the installation procedure there?