SocketException when logging in (form-based Authentication

Stefan Frank

Apr 8, 2003, 2:34:46 PM4/8/03

i'm getting a strange error when logging into a web-application, which uses form-based
authetication:

<08.04.2003 19:27:31 CEST> <Error> <HTTP> <Connection failure
java.net.SocketException: ReadFile failed: Der angegebene Netzwerkname ist nicht
mehr verf&#179;gbar.
(error 64, fd 2532)
at weblogic.socket.NTSocketMuxer.initiateIO(Native Method)
at weblogic.socket.NTSocketMuxer.read(NTSocketMuxer.java:407)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.MuxableSocketHTTP.requeue(MuxableSocketHTTP.java:231)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletResponseImpl.send(ServletResponseImpl.java:977)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.execute(ServletRequestImpl.java:1964)
at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:137)

We're running wls 6.1&oracle9i on win xp with a variation of the RDBMSRealms -
database and realm setup seems to be ok, as there is another web-app running on
the same server, also with form-based authentication, which works fine and validates
the user correctly.

I've seen lots of posts concerning this SocketException - alas I never found a
hint on what causes the problem. Anyone having any ideas!? Any help highly appreciated,
as i'm quite desparate right now %(

greetings
stf