Weblogic 7 iPlanet LDAP Realm Config

Amitabha Mitra

Jul 23, 2002, 8:08:14 AM7/23/02

We have created a new realm with the provider as the iplanet LDAP. There was no
problem creating the realm. We have set this realm as the default realm for the
domain. But when we start up the server(with userid and password as weblogic -
the default administrator uid/pwd with which it was working fine before changing
the default realm) is now giving the following error :

java.lang.SecurityException: Authentication for user weblogic denied at weblogic.security.service.SecurityServiceManager.doBootAuthorization(SecurityServiceManager.java:978)
at weblogic.security.service.SecurityServiceManager.initialize(SecurityServiceManager.java:1116)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.initialize1(T3Srvr.java:703)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.initialize(T3Srvr.java:588)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.run(T3Srvr.java:276)
at weblogic.Server.main(Server.java:31)

The server is thus not starting up.
We tried with creating a user called 'weblogic' under a group called 'Administrators'
in the iPlanet LDAP but it is giving the same error.
Is there any other configuration that needs to be done ?
Is the Administrator,developer and application level security controlled from
the same place.

Rgds,
Amitabha

Yeshwant

Jul 23, 2002, 11:17:34 AM7/23/02
Hi Amitabha,
This appears to be a configuration issue. I have been able to get this to work with iplanet
To solve this you can use 2 tools mbeanloader and mbeandumper which will enable you to convert the binary configuration data to xml, modify the xml and change it back to binary
so that the server can use the modified configuration.
Note that the server doesn't store the configuration data related to security configuration in config.xml anymore

amir

Jul 23, 2002, 2:22:23 PM7/23/02
From: "amir" <a...@a.com>
Sender: "amir" <a...@a.com>
Subject: Re: Weblogic 7 iPlanet LDAP Realm Config
Newsgroups: weblogic.developer.interest.security
Date: 23 Jul 2002 11:22:23 -0700

Hi Amitabha,

I have faced the same problem some time back. Weblogic keeps it security information
under
"%BEA_HOME%\user_projects\zionsbank\userConfig\Security" directory. You must must
have known the time you created the new realm, remove all the folders under security/
created at that time. You configuration will be restored back to the one you had
before creating the new realm.

Hope it will work.

Amir