Problem with Oci DB Driver from Oracle

1 view

Guido Diener

Sep 8, 2002, 6:53:50 AM9/8/02

Hello all,

I have a problem with the Oracle thick driver (oci).
We created a DB-Pool with all (I think correct) the settings.
The Oracle and the WLS are running on a Solaris. The Oracle Client
is installt.
if we want to deploy the Connection Pool the following Exception is
thrown:

Starting Loading jDriver/Oracle .....

---------- LOGIN ERROR CODE: 604

---------- LOGIN ERROR CODE: 604
<Sep 4, 2002 5:49:22 PM CEST> <Info> <JDBC> <Sleeping in createResource()>
<Sep 4, 2002 5:49:23 PM CEST> <Error> <JDBC> <Cannot startup connection pool
"OracleThickPool" weblogic.common.ResourceException:
Could not create pool connection. The DBMS driver exception was:
java.sql.SQLException: ORA-00604: error occurred at recursive SQL level 1
ORA-12705: invalid or unknown NLS parameter value specified -
(irci_score/********@devdimtd)
at
weblogic.db.oci.OciConnection.getLDAException(OciConnection.java:164)
at weblogic.jdbc.oci.Driver.connect(Driver.java:112)
at
weblogic.jdbc.common.internal.ConnectionEnvFactory.makeConnection(Connection
EnvFactory.java:193)
at
weblogic.jdbc.common.internal.ConnectionEnvFactory.createResource(Connection
EnvFactory.java:134)
at
weblogic.common.internal.ResourceAllocator.makeResources(ResourceAllocator.j
ava:698)
at
weblogic.common.internal.ResourceAllocator.<init>(ResourceAllocator.java:282
)
at
weblogic.jdbc.common.internal.ConnectionPool.startup(ConnectionPool.java:623
)
at
weblogic.jdbc.common.JDBCService.addDeployment(JDBCService.java:107)
at
weblogic.management.mbeans.custom.DeploymentTarget.addDeployment(DeploymentT
arget.java:329)
at
weblogic.management.mbeans.custom.DeploymentTarget.addDeployment(DeploymentT
arget.java:144)
at
weblogic.management.internal.DynamicMBeanImpl.invokeLocally(DynamicMBeanImpl
.java:636)
at
weblogic.management.internal.DynamicMBeanImpl.invoke(DynamicMBeanImpl.java:6
21)
at
weblogic.management.internal.ConfigurationMBeanImpl.invoke(ConfigurationMBea
nImpl.java:359)
at
com.sun.management.jmx.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:1555)
at
com.sun.management.jmx.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:1523)
at
weblogic.management.internal.ConfigurationMBeanImpl.updateConfigMBeans(Confi
gurationMBeanImpl.java:491)
at
weblogic.management.internal.ConfigurationMBeanImpl.invoke(ConfigurationMBea
nImpl.java:361)
at
com.sun.management.jmx.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:1555)
at
com.sun.management.jmx.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:1523)
at
weblogic.management.internal.MBeanProxy.invoke(MBeanProxy.java:468)
at
weblogic.management.internal.MBeanProxy.invoke(MBeanProxy.java:209)
at $Proxy16.addDeployment(Unknown Source)

I think there must be an error in the configuration of our environment,
but were could that be?

Tanks for all response

Guido

Brian Robinson

Sep 11, 2002, 4:29:58 AM9/11/02
hi,

I have some experience with NLS and Oracle, but can't see much from the info
you have given. Can you let me have a breakdown of the connections you have
set up etc (minus passwords!) and I'll take a look.

cheers

brian

"Guido Diener" <guido....@bea.com> wrote in message