Change system password

Santi

Jan 26, 2004, 5:12:47 AM1/26/04

Dear Peter,

Thanks for your help.

I would want to ask you if that error is caused by managed servers are running
and they are attempting to access to admin server ldap files ? I'm sure that admind
server is stopped when I try to start it again.
¿Do you know how can I see if admin server has lock that is used to ensure that
only one process has access to the embedded ldap data files?

Thanks a lot,

Santi

Santi wrote:
> I've got WL7.0 When I change system password from console, when Managed servers

> are runnig, I stop admin server and start it again but it doesn't run. I need

> stop all Managed servers to start Admin server with new password. Is it necessary?

Peter

Jan 26, 2004, 11:32:28 AM1/26/04

"Santi" <sbal...@caixapenedes.com> wrote in message

> Dear Peter,
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> I would want to ask you if that error is caused by managed servers are
running
> and they are attempting to access to admin server ldap files ?

The managed servers and admin server uses different ldap directories. The
admin
server directory is the master and the managed server are replicas.

I'm sure that admind
> server is stopped when I try to start it again.

I would double check before restarting. Do a ps or other operating system
command to make
sure.

> ¿Do you know how can I see if admin server has lock that is used to ensure
that
> only one process has access to the embedded ldap data files?

If the admin server is running, then it has lock for its directory. If a
manged server is running,
then it has lock for its directory.

Santi

Jan 27, 2004, 6:20:56 AM1/27/04

Dear Peter,

Thanks a lot, again.

I can't start admin server yet, when I change system password in admin console
and managed servers are running. I stop admin server and start it again but it
doesn't start. I need to stop all managed servers to admin server starts. I isn't
funtional.

The especific errors in start adm server are:

<27-ene-04 12:11:39 CET> <Notice> <WebLogicServer> <000354> <Thread "ListenThread.Default"
lis
tening on port 7001>
<27-ene-04 12:11:39 CET> <Notice> <WebLogicServer> <000354> <Thread "SSLListenThread.Default"
listening on port 7002>
<27-ene-04 12:11:46 CET> <Emergency> <WebLogicServer> <000342> <Unable to initialize
the server: Fatal initialization exception
Throwable: weblogic.rmi.extensions.RemoteRuntimeException: Unexpected Exception
- with nested exception:
[weblogic.rjvm.PeerGoneException: ; nested exception is:
java.io.EOFException]
weblogic.rjvm.PeerGoneException: ; nested exception is:
java.io.EOFException
java.io.EOFException
at weblogic.rjvm.t3.T3JVMConnection.endOfStream(T3JVMConnection.java:663)
at weblogic.socket.NTSocketMuxer.processSockets(NTSocketMuxer.java:599)
at weblogic.socket.SocketReaderRequest.execute(SocketReaderRequest.java:23)
at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:213)
at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:189)
--------------- nested within: ------------------
weblogic.rmi.extensions.RemoteRuntimeException: Unexpected Exception - with nested
exception:
[weblogic.rjvm.PeerGoneException: ; nested exception is:
java.io.EOFException]
at weblogic.management.internal.RemoteMBeanServerImpl_WLStub.invoke(Unknown
Source)
at weblogic.management.internal.MBeanProxy.invoke(MBeanProxy.java:470)
at weblogic.management.internal.MBeanProxy.invoke(MBeanProxy.java:198)
at $Proxy65.reconnectToAdminServer(Unknown Source)
at weblogic.management.AdminServerAdmin.discoverManagedServer(AdminServerAdmin.java:44
6)
at weblogic.management.AdminServerAdmin.discoverManagedServers(AdminServerAdmin.java:3
12)
at weblogic.management.AdminServerAdmin.finishPostListen(AdminServerAdmin.java:265)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.resume(T3Srvr.java:912)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.run(T3Srvr.java:300)
at weblogic.Server.main(Server.java:32)

The WebLogic Server did not start up properly.
Exception raised:
weblogic.rjvm.PeerGoneException: ; nested exception is:
java.io.EOFException
java.io.EOFException
at weblogic.rjvm.t3.T3JVMConnection.endOfStream(T3JVMConnection.java:663)
at weblogic.socket.NTSocketMuxer.processSockets(NTSocketMuxer.java:599)
at weblogic.socket.SocketReaderRequest.execute(SocketReaderRequest.java:23)
at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:213)

Santi

Jan 27, 2004, 6:25:30 AM1/27/04

Dear Peter,

I write you the managed server log when I Try to start admin server with new system
password and managed serverd running:

<27-ene-04 12:07:57 CET> <Notice> <WebLogicServer> <000360> <Server started in
RUNNING mode>
<27-ene-04 12:11:46 CET> <Emergency> <Configuration Management> <150009> <Errors
detected atte
mpting to connect to admin server at http://172.16.22.18:7001 during initialization
of managed
server ( localhost:7003 ). The reported error was: < null > This condition generally
results
when the managed and admin servers are using the same listen address and port.
javax.naming.AuthenticationException. Root exception is java.lang.SecurityException:
User: sy
stem, failed to be authenticated.

Start server side stack trace:
java.lang.SecurityException: User: system, failed to be authenticated.
at weblogic.kernel.BootServicesImpl.authenticate(BootServicesImpl.java:188)
at weblogic.kernel.BootServicesImpl.authenticate(BootServicesImpl.java:268)
at weblogic.kernel.BootServicesImpl.invoke(BootServicesImpl.java:245)
at weblogic.rjvm.RJVMImpl.dispatchRequest(RJVMImpl.java:779)
at weblogic.rjvm.RJVMImpl.dispatch(RJVMImpl.java:738)
at weblogic.rjvm.ConnectionManagerServer.handleRJVM(ConnectionManagerServer.java:207)
at weblogic.rjvm.ConnectionManager.dispatch(ConnectionManager.java:777)
at weblogic.rjvm.t3.T3JVMConnection.dispatch(T3JVMConnection.java:508)
at weblogic.socket.NTSocketMuxer.processSockets(NTSocketMuxer.java:664)

at weblogic.socket.SocketReaderRequest.execute(SocketReaderRequest.java:23)
at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:213)
at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:189)

End server side stack trace

<<no stack trace available>>

Peter

Jan 28, 2004, 12:46:15 PM1/28/04

> Dear Peter,
>
> I write you the managed server log when I Try to start admin server with
new system
> password and managed serverd running:

I would open a support case.

Santi

Jan 29, 2004, 1:44:30 PM1/29/04

Dear Peter,

We open Bea Case, but they haven't answered, yet. We can't to start admin server
when I change system password using admin console and managed servers are running.
We have an error starting admin Server:

27-ene-04 12:11:39 CET> <Notice> <WebLogicServer> <000354> <Thread "ListenThread.Default"
lis tening on port 7001> <27-ene-04 12:11:39 CET> <Notice> <WebLogicServer> <000354>

<Thread "SSLListenThread.Default" listening on port 7002> <27-ene-04 12:11:46

CET> <Emergency> <WebLogicServer> <000342> <Unable to initialize the server: Fatal
initialization exception Throwable: weblogic.rmi.extensions.RemoteRuntimeException:
Unexpected Exception - with nested exception: [weblogic.rjvm.PeerGoneException:
; nested exception is: java.io.EOFException] weblogic.rjvm.PeerGoneException:
; nested exception is: java.io.EOFException java.io.EOFException at weblogic.rjvm.t3.T3JVMConnection.endOfStream(T3JVMConnection.java:663)

at weblogic.socket.NTSocketMuxer.processSockets(NTSocketMuxer.java:599) at weblogic.socket.SocketReaderRequest.execute(SocketReaderRequest.java:23)

at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:213) at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:189)

--------------- nested within: ------------------ weblogic.rmi.extensions.RemoteRuntimeException:
Unexpected Exception - with nested exception: [weblogic.rjvm.PeerGoneException:
; nested exception is: java.io.EOFException] at weblogic.management.internal.RemoteMBeanServerImpl_WLStub.invoke(Unknown
Source) at weblogic.management.internal.MBeanProxy.invoke(MBeanProxy.java:470)
at weblogic.management.internal.MBeanProxy.invoke(MBeanProxy.java:198) at $Proxy65.reconnectToAdminServer(Unknown
Source) at weblogic.management.AdminServerAdmin.discoverManagedServer(AdminServerAdmin.java:44
6) at weblogic.management.AdminServerAdmin.discoverManagedServers(AdminServerAdmin.java:3
12) at weblogic.management.AdminServerAdmin.finishPostListen(AdminServerAdmin.java:265)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.resume(T3Srvr.java:912) at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.run(T3Srvr.java:300)
at weblogic.Server.main(Server.java:32)
The WebLogic Server did not start up properly. Exception raised: weblogic.rjvm.PeerGoneException:
; nested exception is: java.io.EOFException java.io.EOFException at weblogic.rjvm.t3.T3JVMConnection.endOfStream(T3JVMConnection.java:663)

at weblogic.socket.NTSocketMuxer.processSockets(NTSocketMuxer.java:599) at weblogic.socket.SocketReaderRequest.execute(SocketReaderRequest.java:23)
at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:213)

LOG IN MANAGED SERVER ARE RUNNING:

To start admin server with new system password I need stop managed servers. I
don't undestand it.

Thanks for your help.