Transactions across multiple domains

Vina Wang

Sep 30, 2003, 10:22:38 PM9/30/03

Using WLS 7 SP1. We're running into a problem with cross domain calls.

We have two domains d1 and d2, with server s1 in d1 and s2 in d2. s1 has a stateless
session bean that calls a stateless session bean in s2 which calls an entity bean
in s2. The domain credentials are set the same. S2 has the following message

<Sep 30, 2003 10:40:57 AM PDT> <Error> <JTA> <110200> <User [<anonymous>] is not
authorized to invoke startCommit on a transaction branch.>

while S1 has the following error message:

weblogic.management.NoAccessRuntimeException: Access not allowed for subject:
principals=[], on ResourceType: ServerConfig Action: execute, Target: lookupServerRuntime
at weblogic.management.internal.Helper$IsAccessAllowedPrivilegeAction.run(Helper.java:2034)
at weblogic.security.service.SecurityServiceManager.runAs(SecurityServiceManager.java:744)
at weblogic.management.internal.Helper.isAccessAllowed(Helper.java:1865)
at weblogic.management.internal.RemoteMBeanServerImpl.invoke(RemoteMBeanServerImpl.java:923)
at weblogic.management.internal.RemoteMBeanServerImpl_WLSkel.invoke(Unknown
Source)
at weblogic.rmi.internal.BasicServerRef.invoke(BasicServerRef.java:362)
at weblogic.rmi.internal.BasicServerRef$1.run(BasicServerRef.java:313)
at weblogic.security.service.SecurityServiceManager.runAs(SecurityServiceManager.java:785)
at weblogic.rmi.internal.BasicServerRef.handleRequest(BasicServerRef.java:308)
at weblogic.rmi.internal.BasicExecuteRequest.execute(BasicExecuteRequest.java:30)
at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:153)
at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:134)

setting -D weblogic.security.anonymousUserName=guest did not help, neither did
adding the Anonymous "role" into the Administrators "group"

Could anyone help? Thanks

-Vina

kirann

Oct 2, 2003, 8:37:09 PM10/2/03
how you are getting the intialcontext?
use some username/password to get the initial context.

thanks
kiran

"Vina Wang" <vw...@rubiconsoft.com> wrote in message

Vina Wang

Oct 3, 2003, 3:14:11 PM10/3/03

Kiran,

we were just doing "new InitialContext()" Now we have switched to the hashmap
one and added CONTEXT.CREDENTIALS and CONTEXT.PRINCIPAL. It works now.

thanks
-Vina