RDBMSRealm: Null Pointer Exception when change user password from weblogic console

Paolo Mugnai

Jul 9, 2002, 4:21:21 AM7/9/02

Hi

I have rewritten in weblogic6sp2 the rdbmsRealm example according to my DB table
design. All seems to work well(i can create, add and delete users e/o groups e/o
acls from the wl console) except for changing user password: it should be done using
the form that stands in the right side of the right pane of the console that appears
when clicking on the security->user link on the left pane. But, instead, after compiling
the form fields and press the change button it erase an Null Pointer Exception.
Through my rdbmsRealm interface i have noticed that after this wb invoke the getUser
method to retrieve a weblogic.security.acl.User Object that contains the user information.
Probably it makes some operations on it that fire such exception.
So my question is: do i have to expose some other Rdbms Interface methods that i
have omitted or extend my RdbmsUser class ??
Which is the standard behaviour when no rdbmsRealm is used ? And why in this case
no exception is erased and the change is set?
I have no found doc about it.
Thanks in advance.

Paolo

Chuck Zheng

Jul 16, 2002, 4:44:22 PM7/16/02

Even with the original/unchanged RDBMSrealm code, I get the following NPE:

java.lang.NullPointerException
at weblogic.management.console.webapp._domain.__usertable._jspService(__usertable.java:316)
at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspBase.service(JspBase.java:27)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubImpl.java:265)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubImpl.java:200)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.RequestDispatcherImpl.forward(RequestDispatcherImpl.java:241)
at weblogic.servlet.jsp.PageContextImpl.forward(PageContextImpl.java:112)
at weblogic.management.console.actions.ForwardAction.perform(ForwardAction.java:35)
at weblogic.management.console.actions.internal.ActionServlet.doAction(ActionServlet.java:171)
at weblogic.management.console.actions.internal.ActionServlet.doPost(ActionServlet.java:85)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubImpl.java:265)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubImpl.java:200)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.invokeServlet(WebAppServletContext.java:2495)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.execute(ServletRequestImpl.java:2204)
at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:139)

Current Date
Tue Jul 16 13:37:50 PDT 2002

Console Release Build

Console Build

Server Release Build
6.1.2.0

Server Build
WebLogic Server 6.1 SP2 12/18/2001 11:13:46 #154529

Is this what you get? log a bug to BEA and ask them why

cheers
chuck