Portal Authentication

Steve Compton

Nov 14, 2003, 2:26:49 PM11/14/03

I’ve developed an authentication provider, for Weblogic 7.0 Portal. I've developed
a provider
class, login module, and callback handler. I've configured the provider in the
compatibility
realm. This appears to be authenticating my users to WLS. Now my problem is in
creating a
portal session and, more specifically, assigning a group to the portal session.

I've developed a new class that is the begin node of the portal web flow. This
node determines
if it needs to authenticate the user, with my new authentication provider, or
forward the request
to the portal preprocessor. The login module authenticates the user and adds
a WLSUserImpl
for the user and a WLSGroupImpl for each of the user's groups as principals for
the subject.
Then I create a PortalIdentity with the user id and a null group and set the session
identity to
the PortalIdentity object. I then try to set up the groups by executing the code
in
GroupProcessor. I get an exception on the following line of code

groups = portalManager.getGroupPortalMembership(profileIdentity, portalRequest.getPortalContext().getPortalIdentifier());

The exception I get is

java.sql.SQLException: Cannot obtain connection after 30 seconds. , Exception
= Access not allowed
at weblogic.jdbc.jts.Connection.wrapAndThrowSQLException(Connection.java:747)
at weblogic.jdbc.jts.Connection.getOrCreateConnection(Connection.java:669)
at weblogic.jdbc.jts.Connection.prepareStatement(Connection.java:184)
at weblogic.jdbc.rmi.internal.ConnectionImpl.prepareStatement(ConnectionImpl.java:139)
at weblogic.jdbc.rmi.SerialConnection.prepareStatement(SerialConnection.java:92)
at com.bea.portal.manager.internal.persistence.jdbc.JdbcManager.getPreparedStatement(JdbcManager.java:151)
at com.bea.portal.manager.internal.persistence.jdbc.JdbcPortalPersistenceManager.getGroupPortalPersonalizations(JdbcPortalPersistenceManager.java:518)
at com.bea.portal.manager.internal.persistence.MainPersistenceManager.getGroupPortalPersonalizations(MainPersistenceManager.java:123)
at com.bea.portal.manager.internal.PortalManagerDelegateImpl.getGroupPortalPersonalizations(PortalManagerDelegateImpl.java:340)
at com.bea.portal.manager.internal.PortalManagerDelegateImpl.getGroupPortalMembership(PortalManagerDelegateImpl.java:390)
at com.bea.portal.manager.ejb.internal.PortalManagerBean.getGroupPortalMembership(PortalManagerBean.java:122)
at com.bea.portal.manager.ejb.internal.PortalManagerBean_w6xny9_EOImpl.getGroupPortalMembership(PortalManagerBean_w6xny9_EOImpl.java:208)

Does anyone have a suggestion about what I am doing wrong?

Peter

Nov 18, 2003, 10:31:33 AM11/18/03

"Steve Compton" <scom...@nea.org> wrote in message

You may want to ask in the jdbc newsgroup. This looks like an exception
thrown from that layer.