How do I authenticate a user

anil

Feb 7, 2002, 2:18:15 PM2/7/02

Hi I get the "User wasn't authenticated" error message when I try to log in as
user "Admin" to my deployed application.

In weblogic Console, I created a group named "Admin" and added the "system" user
to that group.

The web.xml entries are shown below:
<security-constraint>
<web-resource-collection>
<web-resource-name>membersResources</web-resource-name>
<url-pattern>/login/*</url-pattern>
<http-method>GET</http-method>
<http-method>POST</http-method>
</web-resource-collection>
<auth-constraint>
<role-name>
Admin
</role-name>
</auth-constraint>
<user-data-constraint>
<transport-guarantee>NONE</transport-guarantee>
</user-data-constraint>
</security-constraint>
<login-config>
<auth-method>BASIC</auth-method>
</login-config>
<security-role>
<description>
An administrator
</description>
<role-name>
Admin
</role-name>
</security-role>

The weblogic.xml entries are shown below:
<security-role-assignment>
<role-name>Admin</role-name>
<principal-name>Admin</principal-name>
</security-role-assignment>

The Error Message is:
AuditLog entry created: 15_5000_5056_0
Creating new scope generator with ID 5057 and path 5000::65:5057
User wasn't authenticated.
javax.naming.AuthenticationException. Root exception is java.lang.SecurityException:
Authentication for user 11_5000_5001_0 denied in realm weblogic
at weblogic.security.acl.Realm.authenticate(Realm.java:212)at weblogic.security.acl.Realm.getAuthenticatedName(Realm.java:233)
at weblogic.security.acl.internal.Security.authenticate(Security.java:125)
at weblogic.jndi.WLInitialContextFactoryDelegate.pushUser(WLInitialContextFactoryDelegate.java:452)
at eblogic.jndi.WLInitialContextFactoryDelegate.newContext(WLInitialContextFactoryDelegate.java:316)
at weblogic.jndi.WLInitialContextFactoryDelegate.getInitialContext(WLInitialContextFactoryDelegate.java:288)
at weblogic.jndi.WLInitialContextFactoryDelegate.getInitialContext(WLInitialContextFactoryDelegate.java:203)
at weblogic.jndi.WLInitialContextFactory.getInitialContext(WLInitialCont
extFactory.java:124)
at javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getInitialContext(NamingManager.java:6
65)
at javax.naming.InitialContext.getDefaultInitCtx(InitialContext.java:246
)
at javax.naming.InitialContext.init(InitialContext.java:222)
at javax.naming.InitialContext.<init>(InitialContext.java:198)
at com.compuware.cgf.servlets.session.SessionServlet.createNamingContext
(SessionServlet.java:1042)
at com.compuware.cgf.servlets.session.SessionServlet.service(SessionServ
let.java:473)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubIm
pl.java:263)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubIm