Using t3s with applets

1 view

Andrew King

Mar 31, 2001, 10:11:58 PM3/31/01
Hi -

We have a few applets accessing EJB's on WebLogic 5.1 (SP 6) which utilize
"t3" as the protocol and don't have any problem getting Contexts and issuing
requests. However, once we switch to t3s, we get an error indicating that
the server can't be found at t3s://myserver:443. This is not a firewall
problem (we've tested it with no firewall in place), nor does it appear to
be a certificate problem (WL server is running in 128-bit mode with a valid
cert, etc.) Does anyone have any experience running applets and WL,
particularly over t3s? I've included a stack trace below. Thanks in
advance -

Andy
andre...@giantloop.com

=========================
javax.naming.CommunicationException. Root exception is
java.net.ConnectException: No server found at T3S://myserver:443
at weblogic.rjvm.RJVMFinder.findOrCreate(RJVMFinder.java:161)
at weblogic.rjvm.ServerURL.findOrCreateRJVM(ServerURL.java:200)
at
weblogic.jndi.WLInitialContextFactoryDelegate.getInitialContext(WLInitialCon
textFactoryDelegate.java:195)
at
weblogic.jndi.WLInitialContextFactoryDelegate.getInitialContext(WLInitialCon
textFactoryDelegate.java:148)
at
weblogic.jndi.WLInitialContextFactory.getInitialContext(WLInitialContextFact
ory.java:123)
at javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getInitialContext(Unknown Source)
at javax.naming.InitialContext.getDefaultInitCtx(Unknown Source)
at javax.naming.InitialContext.init(Unknown Source)
at javax.naming.InitialContext.<init>(Unknown Source)
[applet call stack goes here]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Andrew King

Apr 2, 2001, 11:27:46 AM4/2/01
Hi -

It appears there's a bug with WL's RSA classes in SP6 (RSAKey, RSApkcs1),
128-bit vesion. We've hacked a couple of fixes which appear to work, but I'm
wondering if anyone else can confirm this. Thanks -

Andy

"Andrew King" <andre...@giantloop.com> wrote in message

Andrew King

Apr 4, 2001, 11:35:27 PM4/4/01
FYI, I believe we have a legitimate fix, but we're still waiting for an
official stance from WL. The "fix" we've implemented includes the previously
mentioned workaround, plus the layering of SP8 weblogic.security package on
top of SP6.