cloudscape rdbmsrealm

milind puranik

Jun 26, 2001, 9:10:52 AM6/26/01

I am trying the sample rdbmsrealm secuirty example in WLS6.0 SP2.
I followed all the steps in
wlserver6.0\samples\examples\security\rdbmsrealm\package-summary.html.
But I am not able to view User, Group, and Access Control Lists nodes
and view the addition security information defined by the RDBMS security
realm.
Also when I tried to add new user it is updating in fileRealm.properties
not in cloudscape rdbmsrealm.

pls guide me,
thanks in advance,
Milind.

Satya Ghattu

Jun 26, 2001, 9:51:52 AM6/26/01
Milind,
Looks like your RDBMSRealm is not configured properly. In your config.xml
file make sure that you have something like this,
For the Realm tag,
<Realm
Name="defaultRealm"
FileRealm="defaultFileRealm"
CachingRealm="defaultCachingRealm"
/>
For the cachingRealm tag,
<CachingRealm
Name="defaultCachingRealm"
BasicRealm="defaultRDBMSRealmForCloudscape"
/>
RDBMSRealm tag
<RDBMSRealm
Name="defaultRDBMSRealmForCloudscape"
RealmClassName="security.rdbmsrealm.RDBMSRealm"
DatabaseDriver="COM.cloudscape.core.JDBCDriver"
DatabaseURL="jdbc:cloudscape:demo;create=true;autocommit=false"
DatabaseUserName=""
DatabasePassword=""
SchemaProperties="getGroupNewStatement=true;getUser=SELECT U_NAME,
U_PASSWORD FROM users WHERE U_NAME = ?;getGroupMembers=SELECT GM_GROUP,
GM_MEMBER from groupmembers WHERE GM_GROUP = ?;getAclEntries=SELECT A_NAME,
A_PRINCIPAL, A_PERMISSION FROM aclentries WHERE A_NAME = ? ORDER BY
A_PRINCIPAL;getUsers=SELECT U_NAME, U_PASSWORD FROM users;getGroups=SELECT
GM_GROUP, GM_MEMBER FROM groupmembers;getAcls=SELECT A_NAME, A_PRINCIPAL,
A_PERMISSION FROM aclentries ORDER BY A_NAME,
A_PRINCIPAL;getPermissions=SELECT DISTINCT A_PERMISSION FROM
aclentries;getPermission=SELECT DISTINCT A_PERMISSION FROM aclentries WHERE
A_PERMISSION = ?;newUser=INSERT INTO users VALUES ( ? ,
? );addGroupMember=INSERT INTO groupmembers VALUES ( ? ,
? );removeGroupMember=DELETE FROM groupmembers WHERE GM_GROUP = ? AND
GM_MEMBER = ?;deleteUser1=DELETE FROM users WHERE U_NAME =
?;deleteUser2=DELETE FROM groupmembers WHERE GM_MEMBER =
?;deleteUser3=DELETE FROM aclentries WHERE A_PRINCIPAL =
?;deleteGroup1=DELETE FROM groupmembers WHERE GM_GROUP =
?;deleteGroup2=DELETE FROM aclentries WHERE A_PRINCIPAL = ?"
/>
Now, restart your server and you should see the users, groups and acls that
you defined in your RDBMSRealm on the console.

-satya

milind puranik <milind_...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

milind puranik

Jun 26, 2001, 12:00:57 PM6/26/01
thanks a lot satya .

i tried below tags into config.xml

but still I am getting following exception
<Jun 26, 2001 11:49:57 AM EDT> <Notice> <Management> <Loading
configuration file .\config\examples\config.xml ...>
The WebLogic Server did not start up properly.
Exception raised:
weblogic.management.configuration.ConfigurationException: undefined
mbean reference: examples:Name=myFileRe
alm,Type=FileRealm
weblogic.management.configuration.ConfigurationException: undefined
mbean reference: examples:Name=myFileRealm,Type=FileRealm

at
weblogic.management.internal.xml.ConfigurationParser$ConfigurationHandler.resolveMBeanAttributes(ConfigurationPars
er.java:352)
at
weblogic.management.internal.xml.ConfigurationParser$ConfigurationHandler.endDocument(ConfigurationParser.java:194
)
at
weblogic.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser.endDocument(SAXParser.java:1222)
at
weblogic.apache.xerces.validators.common.XMLValidator.callEndDocument(XMLValidator.java:743)
at
weblogic.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner$EndOfInputDispatcher.dispatch(XMLDocumentScanner.java:1545)
at
weblogic.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner.parseSome(XMLDocumentScanner.java:380)
at
weblogic.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:900)
at
weblogic.management.internal.xml.ConfigurationParser.parse(ConfigurationParser.java:103)
at

pls guide me I am sending u my config.xml.

thanks,
Milind.

config.xml

milind puranik