TwoWay Authentication is not working with Verisign Test Certificates

1 view

Paul Lemley

Apr 15, 2002, 4:32:05 PM4/15/02

I have 61sp2 and I get the same problem.

"kirann" <kir...@bea.com> wrote:
>hi,
> there will be a patch for this problem on 61sp2.
>Regards
>kiran
>
>"srinivasan" <srini...@nextlinx.com> wrote in message
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am trying two way authentication using weblogic6.1. I am following
>the
>weblogic6.1
>> sample SSL files like SSLClientServlet and SSLClient, it's working
>fine
>with weblogic
>> demo .pem certificate files, but it's failing when i try with verisign
>test certificates
>> as follows
>>
>> below is the sample piece of code which i am trying to setup the client
>certificate
>> in the HTTPSUrlConnection.
>>

>> URL wlsUrl = new URL("http", host, Integer.valueOf(port).intValue(),
>query); weblogic.net.http.HttpsURLConnection
>> sconnection =new weblogic.net.http.HttpsURLConnection(wlsUrl);
>>
>> InputStream [] ins = new InputStream[3]; ins[0] = new PEMInputStream(new
>BufferedInputStream
>> (new
>FileInputStream("e:/bea/jdk131/jre/lib/security/congo_nextlinx_com-key.der")
>));
>> System.out.println("111333"); ins[1] = new PEMInputStream(new
>BufferedInputStream
>> (new
>FileInputStream("e:/bea/jdk131/jre/lib/security/congo_nextlinx_com-VerisignC
>A_509.cer")));
>> System.out.println("111444"); ins[2] = new PEMInputStream(new
>BufferedInputStream
>> (new FileInputStream("e:/bea/jdk131/jre/lib/security/getcacert.cer")));
>sconnection.setSSLClientCertificate(bins);
>>

>> Question : the above code is hanging, while creating PEMInputStream
>itself. What
>> should i do to make working above code.
>>
>> The above code was not working, Then i imported the .cer files into
>ie
>browser,
>> and i exported as base64 encoded certificate, then i am getting the
>following
>> error in the weblogic.
>>
>> java.io.EOFException
>> at weblogic.security.Utils.inputByte(Utils.java:133)
>> at weblogic.security.ASN1.ASN1Header.inputTag(ASN1Header.java:125)
>> at weblogic.security.ASN1.ASN1Header.input(ASN1Header.java:119)
>> at weblogic.security.RSAPrivateKey.input(RSAPrivateKey.java:122)
>> at weblogic.security.RSAPrivateKey.<init>(RSAPrivateKey.java:91)
>> at
>weblogic.security.SSL.SSLParams.objectToCertificate(SSLParams.java:40
>> 5)
>> at
>weblogic.security.SSL.SSLParams.setClientCert(SSLParams.java:508)
>> at weblogic.security.SSL.SSLParams.<init>(SSLParams.java:344)
>> at weblogic.net.http.HttpsClient.openServer(HttpsClient.java:81)
> [...]

kirann

Apr 24, 2002, 6:41:20 PM4/24/02
hi,
there are couple of problems with this..
if this is not a password protected privatekey .. it should work in sp3.
if it's password protected... try unencrypting it .. try the test.

thanks
kiran

"Paul Lemley" <Paul....@rxhub.net> wrote in message

Paul Lemley

Apr 25, 2002, 8:36:03 AM4/25/02

Kirann,

Thanks for the reply. When is sp3 going to be available? I don't see that it's
available for download.

Paul Lemley