weblogic.utils.AssertionError: ***** ASSERTION FAILED *****

thri...@mindspring.com

Aug 22, 2001, 12:53:15 AM8/22/01

I also get the assertion failure reported earlier (messages 978,979,981,985).
Unfortunately, for me it occurs when I try to send messages to both message Queues
(sender) and Topics (publisher).

The reason that I'm repeating this issue is that, while the other individual was
encountering it on connection close, the fact that I get the problem during message
sends makes it very difficult to use JMS. The messages seem to get through, but
the error can hide other potential errors which might *not* be spurious.

I'm wondering if anyone is aware of any workaround for this rmi issue so that
I can use JMS.

weblogic.utils.AssertionError: ***** ASSERTION FAILED *****[ Assertion violated
]
at weblogic.utils.Debug.assert(Debug.java:74)
at weblogic.j2ee.ApplicationManager.loadClass(ApplicationManager.java:107)
at weblogic.rjvm.MsgAbbrevInputStream.readClassDescriptor(MsgAbbrevInputStream.java:211)
at weblogic.common.internal.ChunkedObjectInputStream.readObject(ChunkedObjectInputStream.java:83)
at weblogic.common.internal.ChunkedObjectInputStream.readObject(ChunkedObjectInputStream.java:115)
at weblogic.rmi.internal.ObjectIO.readObject(ObjectIO.java:56)
at weblogic.rmi.internal.BasicRemoteRef.unmarshalReturn(BasicRemoteRef.java:230)
at weblogic.rmi.internal.BasicRemoteRef.invoke(BasicRemoteRef.java:134)
at weblogic.rmi.internal.ProxyStub.invoke(ProxyStub.java:35)
at $Proxy134.dispatchSyncNoTranFuture(Unknown Source)
at weblogic.jms.dispatcher.DispatcherWrapperState.dispatchSyncNoTran(DispatcherWrapperState.java:341)
at weblogic.jms.client.JMSProducer.sendMessage(JMSProducer.java:266)

Don Ferguson

Aug 23, 2001, 7:46:42 PM8/23/01
Are these ObjectMessages? Where are the messages sent from (an EJB? a servlet? a fat client?). If it's an
object message, does the problem occur if the class is in the server's classpath?