Can a Weblogic ejb access a remote non-tuxedo orb via iiop?

1 view

elizabeth roush

Oct 24, 2002, 4:25:08 PM10/24/02

Hi, A few years back I had a java client using the Weblogic Enterprise CORBA client
call a remote non Tuxedo ORB via rmi-iiop. Now I am wondering whether I can have
a Weblogic ejb call a remote non tuxedo ORB via rmi-iiop. From the documentation
all that I can find is how to call into Websphere with an idl client, and how
to use rmi-iiop to a remote, I am assuming, Websphere server. The only reference
I can find is at http://e-docs.bea.com/wls/docs70/faq/server.html#287901, but
it does not detail how the client finds the object.

In my java client example I had a string ior which I passed to string_to_object().
This returns an "object" that when I invoke a method of, the CORBA client miniorb
would then send via IIOP to the remote orb. I implemented something similar in
an ejb (using a string ior and calling string_to_object) and compiled it with
my stubs. When I run it, it appears that it works fine until the actual _invoke()
where it calls calls out via iiop and I get the following exception: org.omg.CORBA.COMM_FAILURE:
minor code: 1398079491 completed: No at com.sun.corba.se.internal.iiop.IIOPConnection.send(IIOPConnection.java:987)
at com.sun.corba.se.internal.iiop.IIOPOutputStream.invoke(IIOPOutputStream.java:76)
at com.sun.corba.se.internal.iiop.ClientRequestImpl.invoke(ClientRequestImpl.java:91)
at com.sun.corba.se.internal.corba.ClientDelegate.invoke(ClientDelegate.java:158)
at com.sun.corba.se.internal.corba.ClientDelegate.invoke(ClientDelegate.java:198)
at org.omg.CORBA.portable.ObjectImpl._invoke(ObjectImpl.java:459) at com.unisys.otm.InteropTest._OTMSvcStub.sayHello(_OTMSvcStub.java:37)
at com.unisys.otm.WOTest.HelloBean.sayHello(HelloBean.java:71) at com.unisys.otm.WOTest.HelloBean_3p5ifg_EOImpl.sayHello(HelloBean_3p5ifg_EOImpl.java:77)

It would be helpful to know where I can look up the minor code to determine if
there is a meaningful explanation. I am assuming that it is not getting out to
the network, because the destination machine shows no request being received.

If anyone has had experience with this and could offer me some insight, I would
appreciate it.

Andy Piper

Oct 25, 2002, 12:13:45 PM10/25/02
"elizabeth roush" <elizabe...@unisys.com> writes: