UsernamePasswordLoginModule and IIOP

Mike Mull

Jun 17, 2004, 6:03:59 PM6/17/04

The docs for the UsernamePasswordLoginModule say that it works
for both T3 and IIOP clients. For me, it works fine for T3;
and IIOP works fine for calling EJBs. However, if i try to use
IIOP with UsernamePasswordLoginModule, i get the following
exception:

javax.security.auth.login.LoginException: java.net.ConnectException: iiop://localhost:7001:
Destination not reachable using: 'iiop'; No available router to destination
at weblogic.security.auth.login.UsernamePasswordLoginModule.login(UsernamePasswordLoginModule.java:203)

IIOP is enabled on the server, and i've tried specifying the
hostname and IP number rather than localhost. I'm using
WebLogic platform 8.1.2. Am i specifying the URL correctly? I
got the impression from the docs that this was the correct form
(iiop://localhost:7001). Any suggestions?

Thanks,
-mike

Andy Piper

Jun 22, 2004, 12:48:56 PM6/22/04
"Mike Mull" <m...@cts.com> writes:

Make sure that you specify the listen address of the server explictly
as well. We have removed this restriction in 9.0.

andy

Anton Soudovtsev

Jul 21, 2004, 4:04:08 AM7/21/04
Andy Piper <andy_...@xemacs.org> wrote in message news:<84pt7r8...@xemacs.org>...

> "Mike Mull" <m...@cts.com> writes:
>
> Make sure that you specify the listen address of the server explictly
> as well. We have removed this restriction in 9.0.
>
> andy

Andy,

I've the same problem that Mike. I specify the port all the time on my
client, but with iiop it still have the same error message (with WLS
8.1.2). With WLS 8.1.3 I even can't connect with t3.

Could you be so kind as to explain the steps to acheive this.
Thanks,
Anton.