PortableRemoteObject.narrow fails using JDK1.4

Paul Togher

Dec 13, 2002, 6:01:46 AM12/13/02

I am trying to port our server code, running on Weblogic 6.1 SP3 to JDK1.4 in preperation
for a port to WLS 7.0 when it is certified for JDK1.4.

Everything works fine when I build and deply the server using JDK1.4, except PortableRemoteObject.narrow()

(If I just cast the return, then it works ok.)

The exception generated is...
java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:274)
at javax.rmi.CORBA.Util.createDelegateIfSpecified(Util.java:339)
at javax.rmi.CORBA.Util.<clinit>(Util.java:51)
at javax.rmi.PortableRemoteObject.createDelegateIfSpecified(PortableRemoteObject.java:179)
at javax.rmi.PortableRemoteObject.<clinit>(PortableRemoteObject.java:58)
at com.iris.csl.service.matrixpricer.MatrixManager.configure(MatrixManager.java:266)

Does anyone know if there is a simple fix for this that would allow me to keep
the narrow call in place. Does any one know why this would fail when running on
JDK1.4.

Andy Piper

Dec 13, 2002, 12:15:10 PM12/13/02
"Paul Togher" <paul....@irisfinancial.com> writes:

> Everything works fine when I build and deply the server using JDK1.4, except PortableRemoteObject.narrow()

Sun changed their classnames for UtilDelegate in 1.4, that's why it
doesn't work.

andy