JSP Session and Virtual Host problem

1 view

Miguel Angel Medina Lopez

Apr 26, 2002, 5:45:27 AM4/26/02

Hi all:

I'm new in Weblogic and I'm trying to create virtual hosts and deploy web applications
in them. I have created a Virtual Host in a Managed Server and I've deployed a web
application with JSP's in it. When I execute the JSP in my browser the result Internal
Server Error. In the Weblogic log the exception is:

java.lang.NullPointerException at weblogic.servlet.internal.session.SessionData.<init>(SessionData.java:117)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.session.MemorySessionData.<init>(MemorySessionData.java:9)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.session.MemorySessionContext.getNewSession(MemorySessionContext.java:19)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.getNewSession(ServletRequestImpl.java:2111)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.getSession(ServletRequestImpl.java:1925)
at jsp_servlet.__saludo._jspService(__saludo.java:80) at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspBase.service(JspBase.java:27)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubImpl.java:265)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubImpl.java:304)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubImpl.java:200)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.invokeServlet(WebAppServletContext.java:2495)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.execute(ServletRequestImpl.java:2204)
at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:139) at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:120)

When I deploy the same application in the server directly (no in the virtual host)
it works fine.

In a message I find another problem about JSP and sessions and the solution was include
the next directive to the JSP code:

<%@ page session="false" %>

I don't know why, but now the JSP works in the virtual host. What is the reason?
Will must I always include the directive in my JSPs?

Sorry for my english and Thank You

MAML

Vinod Mehra

May 2, 2002, 6:58:58 PM5/2/02
This seems to be the same problem as reported in a bug#CR064294.
Please ask support for a one off patch for this with this CR# as reference.
If that doesn't solve the problem let us know.

The fix for CR064294 will be available with 610 SP3.

Thanks,
--Vinod.

"Miguel Angel Medina Lopez" <mame...@logic-factory.com> wrote in message

Benjamin Yip

May 2, 2002, 10:33:46 PM5/2/02
I can't find any info about this bug CR064294 from WL webiste, can any one
point me the right link?
THanks.

Ben

"Vinod Mehra" <vme...@bea.com> wrote in message