java.net.ProtocolException in WLS 7.0

Christian Tellefsen

Jan 13, 2003, 7:59:18 AM1/13/03
We are getting this message a lot on a clustered WLS 7.0 on Windows 2000:

Fri Dec 28 14:34:11 GMT 05:30 2001:<E> <HTTP> Servlet request terminated with
IOException:
java.net.ProtocolException: Didn't meet stated Content-Length, wrote: '16384'
bytes instead of stated: '19721' bytes.
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletOutputStreamImpl.finish
(ServletOutputStreamImpl.java:372)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextManager.invokeServlet
(ServletContextManager.java:249)
at weblogic.socket.MuxableSocketHTTP.invokeServlet
(MuxableSocketHTTP.java:361)
at weblogic.socket.MuxableSocketHTTP.execute(MuxableSocketHTTP.java:261)

In addition, we have problems with users getting thrown out of the application and having to log in again. It might be related to this bug, the message seems to appear when this happens. (The message also appears at other times.)

Any help is greatly appreciated, we need to fix this before going into production...

Thanks,
Christian Tellefsen
Exense ASA

Chuck Nelson

Jan 13, 2003, 12:33:53 PM1/13/03

Christian,

Can you apply service pack 1 for WLS 7.0. The behavior you are seeing looks
related to a bug fix associated with CR087402 (NOTE: This fixed was rolled into
7.0 SP1 and is not currently referenced in the SP1 release notes). Please upgrade
to 7.0 SP1 and see if the problem reoccurs

Thanks,

Chuck Nelson
DRE
BEA Technical Support