download file when using weblogic 6.1

netoasis

Oct 8, 2002, 2:46:11 AM10/8/02

hi,
When I download a .jar file using WLS 6.1 sp1, the file was corrupted.and I

always got the same errors just like :

<Error> <HTTP> <Servlet execution in servlet context "WebAppServletContext
(6679584,mapsweb,/mapsweb)" failed, java.net.ProtocolException: Didn't meet
stated Content-Length, wrote: '78' bytes instead of stated: '86327' bytes.
java.net.ProtocolException: Didn't meet stated Content-Length, wrote: '78' bytes
instead of stated: '86327' bytes.
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletOutputStreamImpl.finish(ServletOutpu
tStreamImpl.java:413)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletResponseImpl.send(ServletResponseImp
l.java:974)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.execute(ServletRequestIm
pl.java:1964)
at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:137)

the jar file's actual size is 86327.but after downloading, the jar size became

(86327+78) bytes.at the beginning of the jar file-- the first 78 bytes were
all "0d0a" ,I don't know when they are inserted .

is it a bug of weblogic?

Charlie Sadler

Oct 8, 2002, 10:50:14 AM10/8/02
I'm guessing you've got a .jsp which attempts to download a file to the
client browser. Remember anything not inside JSP markup gets compiled to
out.print. "0d0a" is I think a carriage-return line-feed. I'm guessing
you've got 39 lines of JSP code prior to the code which downloads the file.
You might try spanning the line ends with a comment. For example,
<%@ page buffer="64kb" %><%--
--%><%@ page import="java.util.Iterator" %><%--
--%><%@ page import="java.util.HashMap" %><%--
--%><% //code to download the file...

"netoasis" <sam...@wizdomtech.com> wrote in message

Rajesh Mirchandani

Oct 8, 2002, 2:49:14 PM10/8/02
Upgrade to SP3.

Charlie Sadler wrote:

--
Rajesh Mirchandani
Developer Relations Engineer

Charlie Sadler

Oct 9, 2002, 4:32:11 PM10/9/02
Rajesh,
How does SP3 resolve the issue? Doesn't the JSP spec say anything not in
tags gets sent to the output?
Thanks, Charlie

"Rajesh Mirchandani" <Re...@ToNewsgroup.Only> wrote in message

netoasis

Oct 9, 2002, 9:41:42 PM10/9/02

thanks charlie, it works. i follow ur suggestion and now it works.