opening an Excel document from WebApp

Varadharajan

Jul 24, 2001, 7:50:17 AM7/24/01

The following exception is thrown when trying to open a JSP page present in the
Webapp that send
data to the browser with mimetype of Excel(application/vnd.ms-excel).

Note that there is no exception thrown if JSP is kept outside webapp

Also this exception is seen for IE browsers only.

[myserver] java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range
: 10
[myserver] at java.lang.String.charAt(String.java:507)
[myserver] at weblogic.servlet.security.WebAppSecurity.getConstraint(WebApp
Security.java:161)
[myserver] at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.checkA(WebAppS
ervletContext.java:69)
[myserver] at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextImpl.checkAccess(Serv
letContextImpl.java:1735)
[myserver] at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextImpl.invokeServlet(Se
rvletContextImpl.java:912)
[myserver] at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextImpl.invokeServlet(Se
rvletContextImpl.java:879)
[myserver] at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextManager.invokeServlet
(ServletContextManager.java:269)
[myserver] at weblogic.socket.MuxableSocketHTTP.invokeServlet(MuxableSocket
HTTP.java:365)
[myserver] at weblogic.socket.MuxableSocketHTTP.execute(MuxableSocketHTTP.j
ava:253)
[myserver] at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:129)
[myserver]
[myserver] Tue Jul 24 15:53:10 GMT+05:30 2001:<A> <ServletContext-General> getR
esource is called when document root is not set
[myserver] Tue Jul 24 15:53:10 GMT+05:30 2001:<A> <ServletContext-General> getR
esource is called when document root is not set

Not getting any clue of the exception.

Could somebody help me on this to solve the problem?

Rgds
Varad

Cameron Purdy

Jul 24, 2001, 8:25:37 AM7/24/01
I would double-check the web.xml security data to make sure it is all
formatted correctly with the correct values. It is possible that the
incoming request is corrupt (i.e. not perfect) as well. However, whatever
the problem is, Weblogic should not be blowin up like that. You need to send
this report to sup...@bea.com.

Peace,

--
Cameron Purdy
Tangosol Inc.

"Varadharajan" <kvva...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Varadharajan

Aug 1, 2001, 8:35:06 AM8/1/01

"Cameron Purdy" <cpu...@tangosol.com> wrote:
>I would double-check the web.xml security data to make sure it is all
>formatted correctly with the correct values. It is possible that the
>incoming request is corrupt (i.e. not perfect) as well. However, whatever
>the problem is, Weblogic should not be blowin up like that. You need
>to send
>this report to sup...@bea.com.
>
>Peace,
>
>--
>Cameron Purdy
>Tangosol Inc.
><< Tangosol Server: How Weblogic applications are customized >>
><< Download now from http://www.tangosol.com/download.jsp >>

This problem was fixed in Weblogic Server 5.1 Service Pack 10 .

Rgds
Varad

Cameron Purdy