clashes with class of same name: weblogic 6.0 sp2

1 view

Varun Garg

Apr 3, 2002, 4:24:52 PM4/3/02

I am getting a "clashes with class of same name" error with some of my jsp pages
on weblogic 6.0 sp2. I have tried deleting my temporary jsp file, i have tried
using a working directory for the jsp using weblogic.xml.

This happens for few files and not all of them

java.io.IOException: Compiler failed executable.exec(java.lang.String[javac, -classpath,
C:\bea\wlserver6.0\config\mydomain\applications\DefaultWebApp_myserver;C:\bea\wlserver6.0\.\config\mydomain\applications\DefaultWebApp_myserver\WEB-INF\lib\ASTab.jar;C:\bea\testDir;C:\bea\jdk130\jre\lib\rt.jar;C:\bea\jdk130\jre\lib\i18n.jar;C:\bea\jdk130\jre\lib\sunrsasign.jar;C:\bea\jdk130\jre\classes;.;C:\bea\wlserver6.0\lib\weblogic_sp.jar;C:\bea\wlserver6.0\lib\weblogic.jar;C:\bea\wlserver6.0\lib\jce1_2_1.jar;C:\bea\wlserver6.0\lib\sunjce_provider.jar;C:\bea\wlserver6.0\lib\US_export_policy.jar;C:\bea\wlserver6.0\lib\local_policy.jar;C:\bea\wlserver6.0\config\mydomain\applications\DefaultWebApp\WEB-INF\lib;;null,
-d, C:\bea\testDir, C:\bea\testDir\jsp_servlet\_vgn\_portal\_system\_title.java])
at weblogic.utils.compiler.CompilerInvoker.compileMaybeExit(CompilerInvoker.java:585)
at weblogic.utils.compiler.CompilerInvoker.compile(CompilerInvoker.java:354)

Thanks in advance for the help.

Michael Young

Apr 5, 2002, 5:27:54 PM4/5/02
Hi.

Can you post the complete error? I don't see anything about class name clashes in the exception you posted below.

Cheers,
Michael

Varun Garg wrote:

--
Michael Young
Developer Relations Engineer

Varun Garg

Apr 8, 2002, 12:28:51 PM4/8/02

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the response.

I am getting this error

C:\bea\testDir\jsp_servlet\_vgn\_portal\_system\_site\_edit.java:7: package jsp_servlet._vgn._portal._system

clashes with class of same name

Full compiler error(s):
C:\bea\testDir\jsp_servlet\_vgn\_portal\_system\_site\_edit.java:7: package jsp_servlet._vgn._portal._system

clashes with class of same name

package jsp_servlet._vgn._portal._system._site;
^
1 error

This is the error on the screen and the messages I posted are from the weblogic.log

Let me know if you need more info. Also, i found some suggestion somewhere that
I should install rolling patch 2, bu i searched the downloads and did not find
anything called Rolling Patch 2.

Varun

(No more information available, probably caused by another error)

Varun Garg

Apr 8, 2002, 12:29:44 PM4/8/02

Michael Young

Apr 8, 2002, 4:22:53 PM4/8/02
Hi Varun.

Hmm, I don't see this as a known issue. If you need a rolling patch you need to contact BEA support to get it. It's not generally available on our download site.

Regards,
Michael

Varun Garg

Apr 9, 2002, 2:15:47 PM4/9/02

Hi Mike,

I already requested the patch from support and they told me that i need to use
my WebSupport to get all the Rolling patches etc.

I have signed into the WebSupport and I am still unable to find the Rolling patch.

Can you help me find the patch. Also in case I am unable to find resolution to
my problem after installing, what is the next step to get help.

Thanks,

Varun

Peter Connolly

Apr 9, 2002, 7:57:46 PM4/9/02

Varun,

Try deleting the contents of the jsp_servlet folder and restarting your server.
This will cause the server to recompile all of the class files again.

If that doesn't work then check to see if you are using a java bean with the same
name as your page. If so, then try renaming the bean to see if that helps.

HTH,
Peter Connolly

Varun Garg

Apr 10, 2002, 7:15:16 PM4/10/02

Hi Peter,

I have already done the delete and the recreate. I even specified different working
directory for JSP in the weblogic.xml. Also I have gone through all the Jar files
etc in the class path and did not find classes with the same name. Specially the
jsp files get created with _folder._folder type package structure and are easily
distinguishable from the normal classes.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Varun

Peter Connolly

Apr 11, 2002, 4:46:41 PM4/11/02

Varun,

Do you have any use bean tags that have a variable name (id) equal to the name
of your page? I think that gets compiled to the same package as the page itself.
If they both have the same name (ie. edit.jsp and id="edit") then you could have
this problem.

-Peter

Peter Connolly

Apr 11, 2002, 5:13:42 PM4/11/02

I made a mistake in my last email. I meant to say make sure that the class attribute
is not the same as the name of the jsp.

Sorry for the confusion.

-Peter

Peter Connolly

Apr 11, 2002, 5:36:51 PM4/11/02

Varun,

Also check to make sure you don't have a directory with the same name as your
jsp. For example, vgn\portal\system\ and vgn\portal\system.jsp