Character Set Encoding

P Singal

May 7, 2004, 6:40:11 PM5/7/04

Hi

I am trying to set the default encoding to UTF-8 in weblogic.xml using "encoding"
param
name with a value of "UTF8".

While accessing a JSP page, I get following exception, without this encoding param,
I see
the page.

Any idea, why WL is raising the exception?

Thanks!!

Start server side stack trace:
weblogic.utils.ParsingException: nested TokenStreamException: antlr.TokenStreamIOException
at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspLexer.parse(JspLexer.java:1119)
at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspParser.doit(JspParser.java:90)
at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspParser.parse(JspParser.java:212)
at weblogic.servlet.jsp.Jsp2Java.outputs(Jsp2Java.java:119)
at weblogic.utils.compiler.CodeGenerator.generate(CodeGenerator.java:255)

RogerTBrick

May 11, 2004, 5:01:47 AM5/11/04
"P Singal" <psi...@verisign.com> wrote in message news:<409c...@newsgroups.bea.com>...
> While accessing a JSP page, I get following exception, without this [UTF-8]
> encoding param,
Your JSP contains characters that are beyond the default plane that
WebLogic uses (I do not know WebLogic's default). The addition of the
UTF8 encoding directive allows WebLogic to parse the file correctly,
remvoing it means it cannot understand these characters.

Check to see if you are using any European or other non-ANSI
characters (for example, in meta tags). Removing these should solve
your problem.

Or simply put the encoding directive back in.
<%@ page pageEncoding="UTF-8" %>

HTH,

J.