JPS Precompile *.jsp FileNotFoundException

Kevin Matthews

Nov 19, 2002, 5:30:40 PM11/19/02
I am trying to pre-compile jsps with weblogic.jspc on SunOS using
Jakarta Ant as my build tool and it will not work. This problem does
not occur when I compile on Windows 2000. I am trying this using
Weblogic 6.1sp3 and Ant 1.4.1, but even when I try it with Weblogic
7.01 I get the same error.

The problem is that when my build script calls weblogic.jspc and hands
*.jsp as the file list I get a java.io.FileNotFoundException. This is
because the weblogic.jspc class does not expand *.jsp to the complete
list of files. Instead, it looks for a file named "./*.jsp" and
obviously cannot find it. I cannot call weblogic.jspc with the
-compileAll flag because this causes the compiler to recurse into some
subdirectories which contain some .jsp files that are included in
other files, and will not compile on their own. So to use the
-compileAll flag will garauntee that my build will not work.

Here is the ant script I am trying:
<java classname="weblogic.jspc" fork="true" failonerror="false">
<jvmarg value="-Dweblogic.jsp.windows.caseSensitive=true"/>
<arg line="*.jsp -g -O -depend -keepgenerated -webapp . -d
WEB-INF/${bea.webapp.workingdir} "/>

<classpath>
<pathelement path="${bea.path}/lib/weblogic.jar" />
<pathelement path="${classpath};${code.path}" />
</classpath>
</java>

And here is the error:

[java] Error: translation of /*.jsp failed:
java.io.FileNotFoundException: ./*.jsp (No such file or directory)
[java] Error: [jspc]: 1 file(s) failed:
[java] /*.jsp
[java] java.io.FileNotFoundException: ./*.jsp (No such file or
directory)
[java] at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method)

I have also tried running this with a ./*.jsp, as well as trying to
nest <arg value="*.jsp" /> elements in the java tag. Nothing has
worked.

If anybody knows how to get weblogic.jspc to handle this expression
without using the compileAll flag I would appreciate any advice they
could give me.

Thanks.

Kevin