Possible Problem with Weblogic 6.1 SP2????

Vinod G

Jan 24, 2003, 6:06:32 AM1/24/03

Hi All,

We are constantly facing a peculiar problem while using Weblogic Server 6.1 SP2.
If some runtime exception happens when I try to invoke some ejbs or webcomponents(JSPs
in my case) in my application I get the following trace.

java.lang.NullPointerException
at java.io.Writer.write(Writer.java:124)
at java.io.BufferedWriter.newLine(BufferedWriter.java:217)
at java.io.PrintStream.newLine(PrintStream.java:281)
at java.io.PrintStream.println(PrintStream.java:559)
at java.lang.Throwable.printStackTrace(Throwable.java:189)
at weblogic.utils.NestedException.superPrintStackTrace(NestedException.java:63)
at weblogic.utils.NestedThrowable$Util.printStackTrace(NestedThrowable.java:68)
at weblogic.utils.NestedException.printStackTrace(NestedException.java:89)
at weblogic.management.DistributedManagementException.printStackTrace(DistributedManagementE
xception.java:55)
at java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException.printStackTrace(InvocationTargetException.jav
a:86)
at weblogic.utils.NestedThrowable$Util.printStackTrace(NestedThrowable.java:65)
at weblogic.utils.NestedException.printStackTrace(NestedException.java:89)
at weblogic.utils.StackTraceUtils.throwable2StackTrace(StackTraceUtils.java:21)
at weblogic.management.console.tags.PopupTag.printBody(PopupTag.java:215)
at weblogic.management.console.tags.PopupTag.doStartTag(PopupTag.java:100)
at weblogic.management.console.tags.ThreeColumnFormTag.printLabelIcons(ThreeColumnFormTag.ja
va:184)
at weblogic.management.console.tags.ThreeColumnFormTag.doStartLayout(ThreeColumnFormTag.java
:83)................................................

I understand this NullPointerException is coming in the server when I try to catch
these exceptions in the server and try to log an error message. In the stacktrace
it is showing that this exception is coming when it invokes the java.lang.Throwable.printStackTrace()
method.

After this exception happens, the WebContainer in the Weblogic server will stop
compiling the JSP pages in my application, which will work fine otherwise. After
this exception if I access a JSP page for the first time it will give the message
that the page is being compiled and then nothing happens. The already compiled
JSP pages will be served by the WebContainer without any problems..If I restart
the server it will again work fine until I get a similiar exception.

Anybody have similar problems or any clue regarding this.

Thanks
Regards
Vinod G