how to deploy cookieWar.war

hansen

Sep 24, 2001, 6:01:47 PM9/24/01

I tried to deploy /weblogic/examples/webapp/cookieWar.war
to my WLS5.1 SP3.

but i got the following errors:

<HTTP> Could not find Web applicatioc/myserver/cookieWar.war'
java.io.FileNotFoundException: WEB-INF/web.xml XML file not
found in
at weblogic.xml.dom.DOMParser.getDocument(DOMParser.java:93)

i exactly follow the instruction at:
http://www.weblogic.com/docs51/examples/webapp/index.html

in weblogic.properties file, i add:
weblogic.httpd.webApp.cookie=/weblogic/myserver/cookieWar.war

cookieWar.war is under "c:\weblogic\myserver"

the structure of cookieWar.war is

added manifest
adding: cookie/
adding: cookie/error.jsp
adding: cookie/hello.html
adding: cookie/images/
adding: cookie/images/cookie.jpg
adding: cookie/WEB-INF/
adding: cookie/WEB-INF/classes/
adding: cookie/WEB-INF/classes/servlets/
adding: cookie/WEB-INF/classes/servlets/CookieCounter.class
adding: cookie/WEB-INF/CookieCounter.java
adding: cookie/WEB-INF/web.xml
adding: cookie/_tmp_war/

Thanks in advance.

hansen

Utpal

Sep 25, 2001, 12:48:52 PM9/25/01
exception that you are seeing is becuase of the package structure.

Make sure you don't add the coockie in the path when you build
coockieWar.war file.
It should be,
added manifest
adding: error.jsp
adding: hello.html
adding: images/
adding: images/cookie.jpg
adding: WEB-INF/
adding: WEB-INF/classes/
adding: WEB-INF/classes/servlets/
adding: WEB-INF/classes/servlets/CookieCounter.class
adding: WEB-INF/CookieCounter.java
adding: WEB-INF/web.xml
adding: /_tmp_war/

It should work.
-Utpal

> <HTTP> Could not find Web applicatioc/myserver/cookieWar.war'
> java.io.FileNotFoundException: WEB-INF/web.xml XML file not
> found in
> at weblogic.xml.dom.DOMParser.getDocument(DOMParser.java:93)

> the structure of cookieWar.war is

hansen

Sep 25, 2001, 2:53:32 PM9/25/01

Thanks, Utpal. it works.

i have another question. could you give me some hints ?

i developed and deployed a web application successfully on
windows2000. but when i move to Unix(Solaris). it warns:

[ServletEntityResolver] : Public ID references the old version
of Servlet 2.2 DTD. Please, change the public
ID in web.xml file to '-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web
Application 2.2//EN'.

i changed to "2.2 //EN" on UNIX.

when i restart the weblogic server on UNIX, the WAR doesn't look
deploying. because i supposed to see: ( the message i copy from
WINDOW2000 console)

<I> <EJB> 0 EJB jar files loaded, containing 0 EJBs
<I> <EJB> 0 deployed, 0 failed to deploy.

<I> <WebAppServletContext-skylos> extracting classfiles to
C:\weblogic\myserver\skylos\_tmp_war:

<I> <WebAppServletContext-skylos> extracted classfiles
successfully...

<I> <WebAppServletContext-skylos> registering JSPServlet with
initArgs '[JspConfig: verbose=true, packagePrefix=jsp_servlet,
compileCommand=javac, workingDir=C:\weblogic\myserver\skylos\_tmp_war, pageCheckSeconds=1,
superclass=null,keepgenerated=false,encoding=null,defaultfilename=index.jsp]'

<I> <ZAC> ZAC ACLs initialized

but i only got:

<I> <EJB> 0 EJB jar files loaded, containing 0 EJBs
<I> <EJB> 0 deployed, 0 failed to deploy.

<I> <HTTP> Log Rotation is size based.

<I> <ZAC> ZAC ACLs initialized

any ideas?

thanks

han

"Utpal" <ugand...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>exception that you are seeing is becuase of the package structure.

hansen

Sep 25, 2001, 8:46:44 PM9/25/01

after i add sp6 to my wls5.1, the message shows up:

<I> <WebAppServletContext-skylos> extracting classfiles to
C:\weblogic\myserver\skylos\_tmp_war:

<I> <WebAppServletContext-skylos> extracted classfiles
successfully...

<I> <WebAppServletContext-skylos> registering JSPServlet with
initArgs '[JspConfig: verbose=true, packagePrefix=jsp_servlet,
compileCommand=javac, workingDir=C:\weblogic\myserver\skylos\_tmp_war,
pageCheckSeconds=1,
superclass=null,keepgenerated=false,encoding=null,defaultfilename=index.jsp]'

but jsp in war still can't be found.

i add these 2 lines to my properties file:

weblogic.httpd.documentRoot=skylos/

weblogic.httpd.webApp.skylos=/usr/local/weblogic/myserver/skylos/skylos.war

when i go to http://localhost:7001/common/login.jsp

got the following error message.

FileNoFoundException: no resource '/common/login.jsp' in servlet context root
'/usr/local/weblogic/myserver/skylos.

any ideas?

thanks

han

han

hansen

Sep 25, 2001, 9:09:16 PM9/25/01

i solved the 'no resource' problem. coz i didn't call
"servletContext-skylos".

the URL should be:http://localhost:7001/skylos/login.jsp.

but it generated another exception:

Tue Sep 25 16:48:45 PDT 2001:<E> <ServletContext-skylos> Servlet failed with Exception

javax.servlet.ServletException: Servlet class:

jsp_servlet._common._login could not be loaded - the requested
class wasn't found in the classpath

/usr/local/weblogic/myserver/skylos/skylos.war:/usr/local/weblogic/myserver/skylos/_tmp_war/bulldog.jar:/usr/l
ocal/weblogic/myserver/skylos/_tmp_war/jdom11.jar:/usr/local/weblogic/myserver/skylos/_tmp_war/xerces-1_1_1.jar

any ideas?

thanks in advance

han