MANIFEST.MF; 72 char limit; strange line break; StringIndexOutOfBoundsException; HELP!

1 view

Paul Rowe

Jun 4, 2002, 8:58:35 PM6/4/02
Hi All;

I am trying to deploy an EAR with WLS 6.1 sp 2 under linux and I am
getting a StringIndexOutOfBoundsException
during deployment. I am using ANT to build my EAR (both 1.4.1 and 1.5 beta
2), and both of these versions
are creating a MANIFEST.MF that is like the following:

Manifest-Version: 1.0
Class-Path: TiVo_framework.jar TiVo_sapinterface.jar TiVo_webcc.jar Ti
Vo_internalauthen.jar

Pursuant to the JAR file specification @
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.3/docs/guide/jar/jar.html,
this is a legal manifest. But, I have a feeling that the WL Server is not
liking it because of the
strange line break right in the middle of one of my JARs. Unfortunately, I
have to have the manifest like
this because I need all of these JARs and I am going to keep using ANT.

I have opened a case with BEA tech support, but I am a bit unhappy on their
response time and answers.
Does anyone out there have some insight into this problem? According to
what I have seen, I am not the first one.

pa...@paulrowe.com

java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -1
at java.lang.String.substring(String.java:1525)
at weblogic.utils.jars.ManifestEntry.stream(ManifestEntry.java:166)
at weblogic.utils.jars.Manifest.stream(Manifest.java:78)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppHelper.resolveManifestName(WebAppHelper.java
:398)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppHelper.extractClassFiles(WebAppHelper.java:1
77)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.extractClassFiles(WebAppServl
etContext.java:3405)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.setDocroot(WebAppServletConte
xt.java:3376)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.init(WebAppServletContext.jav
a:862)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.<init>(WebAppServletContext.j
ava:815)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.HttpServer.loadWebApp(HttpServer.java:428)
at weblogic.j2ee.WebAppComponent.deploy(WebAppComponent.java:74)

Paul Rowe

Adrian Sampaleanu

Jun 5, 2002, 12:04:36 AM6/5/02
The problem is, as if you could figure this out from the exception, that in
6.1 SP2 all the jars in the lib directory of a web app are re-archived and
copied to renamed jars during startup and in the process, their manifests
are verified. If all of the jars referenced in the Class-Path headers of all
the library jars are not found WLS will throw this exception.

"Paul Rowe" <pa...@tivo.com> wrote in message

Paul Rowe

Jun 5, 2002, 1:59:42 AM6/5/02
All of the JARs are there and present in the file. This error is not
"intuitive." According to the stacktrace, it appears WLS is having a
problem parsing manifest.mf. If it could not find a JAR file, wouldn't it
report a resource missing type exception rather than a
stringindexoutofboundsexception?

"Adrian Sampaleanu" <asam...@SHPAMhotmail.com> wrote in message

Christian Buchegger

Jun 5, 2002, 3:41:51 AM6/5/02

the StringIndexOutOfBoundsException was reported as CR64449 and will be fixed in
WLS6.1SP3.
There are also patches availabe to fix this and some related issues. see also

Regards,
Christian Buchegger
Developer Relations Engineer
BEA Support

Rajesh Mirchandani

Jun 5, 2002, 12:29:13 PM6/5/02
The correct CR is CR064391 and is fixed in SP3 too.

Christian Buchegger wrote:

--
Rajesh Mirchandani