Getting jspServlet "weblogic.servlet.WlwJSPServlet" class not found error

Roman

Jun 8, 2003, 2:16:57 AM6/8/03

I've installed WL8.1b and trying out the OrderEntry control building tutorial.
After following all the steps, when I run the control, I get the error in the
server console window that looks like this:

prepare failed for OrderEntry
Module: OrderEntry Error: Could not load OrderEntry: weblogic.management.DeploymentException:
[HTTP:101283]ServletContext(id=1816810,name=OrderEntry,context-path=/OrderEntry):
jspServlet "weblogic.servlet.WlwJSPServlet" defined in weblogic.xml could not
be loaded.
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: weblogic.servlet.WlwJSPServlet
at weblogic.utils.classloaders.GenericClassLoader.findClass(GenericClassLoader.java:185)

I looked at bea site and found only one place where it talkes about the above
servlet setting in weblogic.xml file as follows:

[quote begin]
If you prefer to continue using the WebLogic Server JSP compiler to compile your
JSPs for a particular Web project, you can modify the weblogic.xml file in the
WEB-INF directory of your Web project. You should comment out the jspServlet parameter
in this file, as shown below:

<jsp-descriptor>
<!-- Comment the jspServlet param out to go back to weblogic's jspc -->
<jsp-param>
<!--<param-name>jspServlet</param-name>-->
<param-value>weblogic.servlet.WlwJSPServlet</param-value>
</jsp-param>
<jsp-param>
<param-name>debug</param-name>
<param-value>true</param-value>
</jsp-param>
</jsp-descriptor>

[quote end]
I tried commenting out the jsp-param as well as described above but am now getting
different kind of error. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Nagesh Susarla