PeerGoneException

Arumugam

May 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/17/00
Hi there,
I am using Weblogic 4.5.1 and patch 7.0
Jdk 1.1.8_10, Solaris 2.6
(I am getting this problem even when I use jdk 1.1.7)

I started Weblogic and my application. Actually my application binds some
class objects into the JNDI tree. If I start my application for the first
time, everything works smoothly.
In case, I shut down my application and restart it with the same weblogic
which is still running, I am seeing a message in the weblogic console saying
"creating connection to ......". Once few processes are bound to the JNDI
tree, suddenly I am getting a message from the weblogic saying that
connection is closed. Due to this, my application hangs there.
I am getting the following exception in my application side console,
[Root exception is weblogic.rjvm.PeerGoneException:
JVM -4944133734766544243S10.1.1.50:[8050,8050,8051,8051,-1] is
gone]javax.naming.CommunicationException
at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Compiled Code)
at java.lang.Exception.<init>(Compiled Code)
at javax.naming.NamingException.<init>(Compiled Code)
at javax.naming.CommunicationException.<init>(Compiled Code)
at
weblogic.jndi.toolkit.ExceptionTranslator.toNamingException(Compiled Code)
at weblogic.jndi.WLInitialContextFactory.toNamingException(Compiled
Code)
at weblogic.jndi.WLInitialContextFactory.getInitialContext(Compiled
Code)
at weblogic.jndi.WLInitialContextFactory.getInitialContext(Compiled
Code)
at javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getInitialContext(Compiled Code)
at javax.naming.InitialContext.getDefaultInitCtx(Compiled Code)
at javax.naming.InitialContext.<init>(Compiled Code)

The error message which I had in the weblogic console is,

Tue May 16 15:01:16 PDT 2000:<I> <WebLogicServer> WebLogic Server started
Tue May 16 15:01:24 PDT 2000:<I> <ListenThread> Adding address:
localhost/127.0.0.1 to licensed client list
Tue May 16 15:01:25 PDT 2000:<I> <RJVM> Creating connection to
localhost/127.0.0.1 -983629410884942747
Tue May 16 15:01:44 PDT 2000:<I> <ServletContext-Servlets>
weblogic.servlet.ClasspathServlet: init
Tue May 16 15:02:13 PDT 2000:<I> <RJVM> Creating connection to
localhost/127.0.0.1 6957115988976229283
Tue May 16 15:02:17 PDT 2000:<I> <RJVM> Closing connection to
localhost/127.0.0.1 -983629410884942747

Did any encounter such situation? If so, help me out.

Thanks
Aru

Jesse Melendez

May 31, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/31/00
I have had the exact same problem with the same environmnet.

Anybody have any idea what the solutiuon is?

Arumugam <aa...@electroneconomy.com> wrote in message

Alexandre Vauthey

May 31, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/31/00

I have a similar problem on NT with wl451 service pack7. Weblogic closes
connection to a distant jvm although it is still there and running ok. As a
result, when the server tries to send a jms message to the client, I get a "peer
gone exception". This happens after 20 minutes running approximately. The server
is not stressed at all.

Tue May 30 20:05:22 CDT 2000:<I> <RJVM> Closing connection to
BENCH2/209.110.169.106 -540294427895942277
weblogic.rjvm.PeerGoneException: JVM -540294427895942277C209.110.169.106 is gone

at weblogic.rmi.extensions.BasicRequest.sendReceive(Compiled Code)
at weblogic.jms.common.SessionCallback_WLStub.deliver(Compiled Code)
at weblogic.jms.server.SessionState.sendCallback(Compiled Code)
at weblogic.jms.server.SessionState.deliver(Compiled Code)
at weblogic.jms.server.SessionState.deliverMessage(Compiled Code)
at weblogic.jms.server.TopicSessionState.deliverMessage(Compiled Code)

at
weblogic.jms.server.TopicSessionState.processOutgoingMessages(Compiled Code)
at weblogic.jms.server.SessionState.readQueue(Compiled Code)
at weblogic.jms.common.MessageQueue.execute(Compiled Code)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:106)
at source unknown
at source unknown
at source unknown
at source unknown
at source unknown
at source unknown
at source unknown

Can anyone in BEA explains on what a WL server relies to determine that a client
is gone ?

Arumugam wrote:

--
**************************

Alexandre Vauthey
Software Engineer

Application Networks
1050 Chestnut street
Menlo Park, CA 94025

tel: (650) 462-7220
alexandr...@appl.net

**************************

Michael Olive

Jul 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/7/00
At what point is someone from BEA support going to, at the very least, respond
to this problem. This is no trivial issue and many of us would like resolution
to it. Having to restart the WBL server after every lost connection is unexceptable.

Thank you for your help,

Alexandre Vauthey wrote:

--
Michael Olive
Sr. Software Engineer

Don Ferguson

Jul 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/11/00
I kind of assumed people were following the other threads where this
was discussed. I recommend asking support for the "TimeTable" patch
(this may already be included in the latest service pack).

-Don