Weblogic 5.1 Asserion Failure

1 view

Dimitri I. Rakitine

May 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/5/00
Application still uses T3 messaging and when running with Weblogic 5.1
T3Client t3 = new T3Client(...) results in assertion failure when connecting
to itself (localhost that is):

weblogic.utils.AssertionError: ***** ASSERTION FAILED *****[ MBuf used after
writeTo() called ]
at weblogic.socket.MBuf.checkNotWritten(MBuf.java:68)
at weblogic.socket.MBuf.getHeader(MBuf.java:213)
at weblogic.rjvm.ConnectionManagerLocal.sendMsg(LocalRJVM.java:368)
at weblogic.rjvm.RJVMImpl.send(RJVMImpl.java:474)
at
weblogic.rjvm.MsgAbbrevOutputStream.flushAndSendRaw(MsgAbbrevOutputStream.ja
va:155)
at
weblogic.rjvm.MsgAbbrevOutputStream.flushAndSend(MsgAbbrevOutputStream.java:
163)
at
weblogic.rjvm.MsgAbbrevOutputStream.sendRecv(MsgAbbrevOutputStream.java:186)
at
weblogic.common.internal.BootServicesStub.findOrCreateClientContext(BootServ
icesStub.java:125)
at weblogic.common.T3Client.connect(T3Client.java:384)
Fri May 05 13:43:32 PDT 2000:<E> <ConMan> Create and set up outbound message
failed on local conman weblogic.utils.AssertionError: ***** ASSERTION FAILED
*****[ MBuf used after writeTo() called ]

This worked just fine with WLS 4.51.

Is this a known bug? Any workarounds?

TIA
Dimitri

Steven Pozarycki

May 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/8/00
Dimitri,

It looks like this bug was fixed in Issue "10308:Assertion Errors from
MBuf.getHeader in ConnectionManagerLocal".
It should be in the next service pack, but I would contact support and verify
what service pack it will be in.

Thanks.

Steven Pozarycki

May 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/8/00

FYI...

It will be in 510SP2.

Thanks.

Dimitri I. Rakitine

May 31, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/31/00
Just installed SP2 and it is not fixed.

Dimitri

"Steven Pozarycki" <sp...@bea.com> wrote in message

Steven Pozarycki

May 31, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/31/00
Dimitri,

Ok, I did some investigating and apparently it was accidentally left out of
SP2. We should have a pre-release of SP3 available sometime tomorrow/Friday.
As soon as I get it, I'll forward it to you.

Thanks for you patience!