JMS on Multiple non-clustered Weblogic servers

Venkat K

Jun 17, 2002, 12:45:36 PM6/17/02

Hello,

I have a situation with my current framework regarding
JMS design. We have 3 WLS running on different machines ( unclusered ) and am planning
on using JMS for
messaging. Since we are on WLS5.1SP11, I am assuming
that MDB is not an option (plz. correct me if my
assumption is wrong). I am planning on setting one
of the WLS as the primary server and use JNDI look-ups
from the other two. Also, am planning on using Topics...

I am running into the following situation. I have WLS
set-up on a solaris box and I am able to access the server through my browser on
a PC using http://10.0.0.11:80.
I am able to ping the server from my DOS prompt and
it is alive.

However when I use the following command to execute
the WLS example on JMS, I get a "No Server found "
message. Am new to the world of distributed computing
and am not sure as to where the problem lies...

C:\weblogic>java examples.jms.topic.TopicReceive http://10.0.0.11:80
Exception in thread "main" javax.naming.CommunicationException. Root exception
is java.net.ConnectException: No server found at HTTP://10.0.0.11:80
at weblogic.rjvm.RJVMFinder.findOrCreate(RJVMFinder.java:161)
at weblogic.rjvm.ServerURL.findOrCreateRJVM(ServerURL.java:200)
at weblogic.jndi.WLInitialContextFactoryDelegate.getInitialContext(WLIni
tialContextFactoryDelegate.java:195)
at weblogic.jndi.WLInitialContextFactoryDelegate.getInitialContext(WLIni
tialContextFactoryDelegate.java:148)
at weblogic.jndi.WLInitialContextFactory.getInitialContext(WLInitialCont
extFactory.java:123)
at javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getInitialContext(NamingManager.java:6
68)
at javax.naming.InitialContext.getDefaultInitCtx(InitialContext.java:246
)
at javax.naming.InitialContext.init(InitialContext.java:222)
at javax.naming.InitialContext.<init>(InitialContext.java:198)
at examples.jms.topic.TopicReceive.getInitialContext(TopicReceive.java:1
35)
at examples.jms.topic.TopicReceive.main(TopicReceive.java:106)

1. Is the problem on my PC end not being able to recognize the
http server at that address ?

2. Any other networking parameter that I need to set-up on my
local PC ?

I highly appreciate your input and time

Thanks,
Venkat

Tom Barnes

Jun 17, 2002, 2:20:49 PM6/17/02
to Venkat K
Hi Venkat,

I suspect you need to enable http tunneling on your WebLogic server, but I don't know how
do this in 5.1. If this doesn't help, try posting this problem to the "clustering"
newsgroup, as this problem is not directly JMS related.

Tom

Venkat

Jun 17, 2002, 2:53:46 PM6/17/02

Tom,

Thanks for your reply. BEASupport just got back and it
was a minor fix..I needed to use t3://10.0.0.11:80 instead
of http://10.0.0.11:80....So the TopicSend is working allright.

But I seem to have run into a problem with my TopicReceive
example now...I am getting the following error when i invoke
it...

C:\weblogic>java examples.jms.topic.TopicReceive t3://10.0.0.11:80

Exception in thread "main" javax.jms.JMSException: System error: java.lang.Class
CastException: weblogic.jms.common.SessionCallback_WLStub
at weblogic.jms.common.JMSUtilities.jmsException(JMSUtilities.java:18)
at weblogic.jms.client.JMSSession.handleException(JMSSession.java:682)
at weblogic.jms.client.JMSSession.establishSessionCallback(JMSSession.ja
va:652)
at weblogic.jms.client.JMSTopicSession.createSubscriber(JMSTopicSession.
java:71)
at weblogic.jms.client.JMSTopicSession.createSubscriber(JMSTopicSession.
java:56)
at examples.jms.topic.TopicReceive.init(TopicReceive.java:78)
at examples.jms.topic.TopicReceive.main(TopicReceive.java:110)

Can someone please shed some light on this issue ?

Thanks,
Venkat

Tom Barnes

Jun 17, 2002, 3:19:12 PM6/17/02
to Venkat
I've seen this kind of error occur with mixed environments. I think 5.1
may be susceptable to mixed SPs - make sure that both your client and
your server are running on the same service pack.

Venkat k

Jun 18, 2002, 5:39:57 PM6/18/02

Yes that was the problem. The service pack was specified incorrectly. Now it works

Thanks tom...

-Venkat