Queue look up failure.

Navin Sidhaye

Jan 9, 2002, 1:55:16 AM1/9/02
I wrote a client to put the message in the message queue. The name of the
Connection Factory is MyConnectionFactory and the name of the queue is
MyJMSQueue. Following is the configuration that I made in the admin console.

ConnectionFactory:
Name: MyConnectionFactory.
JNDI Name: MyConnectionFactory.
In the targets tab I selected the server name.

Queue:
Name: MyJMSQueue.
JNDIName: weblogic.jms.MyJMSQueue.

The client is the same as given by WL6.1 as the samples code.
During the lookup for the queue name I am getting an error. The stack trace
of the same is given below.
code line :
Queue newQueue = (Queue) m_context.lookup("MyJMSQueue");
where, m_context-> initial context.

I would appreciate if some one can help me in this.

Thanks and regards,
Navin.

------
weblogic.jms.common.JMSException: Invalid destination name: weblogic.jms.MyJ
MSQueue
at
weblogic.jms.frontend.FEManager.destinationCreate(FEManager.java:148)

at weblogic.jms.frontend.FEManager.invoke(FEManager.java:317)
at
weblogic.jms.dispatcher.Request.wrappedFiniteStateMachine(Request.jav
a:504)
at
weblogic.jms.dispatcher.DispatcherImpl.dispatchAsync(DispatcherImpl.j
ava:149)
at
weblogic.jms.dispatcher.DispatcherImpl.dispatchSyncNoTranFuture(Dispa
tcherImpl.java:358)
at weblogic.jms.dispatcher.DispatcherImpl_WLSkel.invoke(Unknown
Source)
at
weblogic.rmi.internal.BasicServerRef.invoke(BasicServerRef.java:296)
at
weblogic.rmi.internal.BasicServerRef.handleRequest(BasicServerRef.jav
a:265)
at
weblogic.rmi.internal.BasicExecuteRequest.execute(BasicExecuteRequest
.java:22)
at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:139)
End server side stack trace

Tom Barnes

Jan 9, 2002, 11:12:40 AM1/9/02
to Navin Sidhaye
This looks like the stack trace for a malformed parameter to "createQueue", a
javax.jms.QueueSession API for looking up (not creating) queues.
The syntax for the destination name parm to createQueue is not specified by the
JMS specs and
is left up to the vendor: in BEA's case it is "servername/destname".
What was your client side stack trace? It should have made this error clear.

Note that your code also fails to use the queue's JNDI name for the (context)
lookup.

Tom