NameNotFoundException -- javax.jms.QueueConnectionFactory

Brian Higdon

Jun 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/2/00
I am having trouble starting up a JMS message listener. This code had been
working just fine but I commented it out for a while. Now when I commented
it back in, I get the following error in the startup log file.

FannieTxnParameterLookupImpl created and bound in the registry to the name
FannieTxnParameterLookup
Fri Jun 02 11:26:34 EDT 2000:<I> <WebLogicServer> Invoking T3StartupDef
desktopNotifier com.hsl.jms.notifier.receiver.NotifierStartup with
clientMachineName=hslux12j, clientMachinePortNumber=3015}
Fri Jun 02 11:26:35 EDT 2000:<E> <WebLogicServer> Failed to invoke startup
class desktopNotifier=com.hsl.jms.notifier.receiver.NotifierStartup
Fri Jun 02 11:26:35 EDT 2000:<E> <WebLogicServer>
javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: 'javax.jms.QueueConnectionFactory';
Remaining Name: 'jms.QueueConnectionFactory'
at
weblogic.jndi.toolkit.BasicWLContext.resolveName(BasicWLContext.java:734)
at
weblogic.jndi.toolkit.BasicWLContext.lookup(BasicWLContext.java:124)
at
weblogic.jndi.toolkit.BasicWLContext.lookup(BasicWLContext.java:563)
at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:280)
at
com.hsl.jms.notifier.receiver.NotifierStartup.init(NotifierStartup.java:77)
at
com.hsl.jms.notifier.receiver.NotifierStartup.startup(NotifierStartup.java:6
6)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.StartupThread.runStartup(StartupThread.java:182)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.StartupThread.doWork(StartupThread.java:146)
at
weblogic.t3.srvr.PropertyExecuteThread.run(PropertyExecuteThread.java:61)

Basically it is griping that it can't find the
javax.jms.QueueConnectionFactory which I am using in the line:

qconFactory = (QueueConnectionFactory) ctx.lookup(JMS_FACTORY);

where

public final static String JMS_FACTORY =
"javax.jms.QueueConnectionFactory";

I looked for the class javax.jms.QueueConnectionFactory and it is in:

./lib/weblogicaux.jar file which is in my weblogic class path.

Does anyone have any ideas? BTW, I'm on an HP-UX 11 machine, Java 1.2.2,
WLS 4.5.1 w/Service Pack #8.

Thanks,
Brian

Steven Pozarycki

Jun 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/2/00
Brian,

Are you supplying any arguments to this startup class?
(weblogic.system.startupArgs)
Does JMS start successfully and is it active?
Is there something you may have missed while un-commenting?

Thanks.