Weblogic 7.0 - JMS Limitation?

Randy Secrist

Mar 29, 2004, 2:13:44 PM3/29/04

I am new to weblogic, but have some experience using JMS. We use Weblogic 7.0,
(looking to upgrade to 8.1 soon), and are having problems with weblogic's implementation.

I have beat my head against this problem for a couple of days now, and I would
really appreciate some help in the matter.

The problem we are having is I can't get a second weblogic server (B) to consume
messages from another weblogic server (A). I have verified the following facts:

1) Server A is successfully publishing messages to it's topic.
2) Freestanding java application client can successfully consume messages from
weblogic server A.
3) Server B can establish the propert connection factory and connection without
any exceptions.

On this line...
session = conn.createTopicSession(false, Session.AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE);

we get this exception:
03/29 11:47:36.761 com.ihc.decision.driver.imp.JMSDataDrive ERROR - connect()::weblogic.jndi.WLInitialContextFactory::t3://serverB:7001::MyConnectionFactory::MyJMSActionDispatchTopic
weblogic.jms.common.JMSException: Connection not found
at weblogic.jms.dispatcher.InvocableManager.invocableFind(InvocableManager.java:134)
at weblogic.jms.dispatcher.Request.wrappedFiniteStateMachine(Request.java:539)
at weblogic.jms.dispatcher.DispatcherImpl.dispatchSync(DispatcherImpl.java:275)
at weblogic.jms.client.JMSConnection.createSession(JMSConnection.java:368)
at weblogic.jms.client.JMSConnection.createTopicSession(JMSConnection.java:339)
at com.ihc.decision.driver.imp.JMSDataDrive.connect(JMSDataDrive.java:147)
at com.ihc.driver.Node$2.run(Node.java:243)

Basically, it is as if our context, or our connection just disappear...

I have been digging through BEA's support docs, and ran across this link:
http://edocs.bea.com/wlintegration/v2_1/relnotes/relnot.htm#715153
known limitation #30 - (CR055967)

Can anyone provide me with something that can lead me to a solution? Is this
a weblogic deficiency? Will this work with version 8.1?

Thanks for any help you can supply,
Randy

Larry Presswood

Mar 29, 2004, 4:37:11 PM3/29/04
We have been using an MDB on another weblogic server to consume from a
topic on a host weblogic server fine..

So how does your second server try to consume from your first?

Randy Secrist

Mar 29, 2004, 5:23:12 PM3/29/04

The only thing I can think of is that both of our servers (not clustered) use the
same wl domain name. (Bascially they share the same weblogic config.xml).

I was reading that it is good to have different names for each server (in the
config.xml) - so I have been trying this afternoon to change the weblogic domain
name (not a fun process).

Basically, our second server (serverB) just looks up the JNDI context on the first
server (using the t3://serverA), and registers as a subscriber.

Randy

Tom Barnes

Mar 30, 2004, 11:28:47 AM3/30/04
to Randy Secrist
Yes, each
domain name must be different
WL server name must be different
JMS server name must be different
JMS store name must be different
the latter three apply even if they are in different domains.