MQ Series, Messaging Bridge, weblogic 7.0

Mike Wright

Jul 26, 2002, 11:36:55 AM7/26/02

Hi all,

I have seen other postings about this with some clues as to why I am having this
problem, but I still can't seem to resolve. I have already tried to gleen some
clues from the documentation that comes with the beta bridge to be used with 6.1
(wls_mqseries.pdf). Has anyone configure Weblogic 7.0 successfully with the new
Messaging Bridge? If so, could you summarize your steps and settings?

I used the JMSAdmin tool to bind the factory and queue objects and setup the destinations
on the WLS console, but the log keeps spitting out the following:

<Jul 26, 2002 11:28:21 AM EDT> <Warning> <Connector> <190032> << Weblogic Messag
ing Bridge Adapter (XA) > ResourceAllocationException of javax.resource.Resource
Exception: Failed to start the connection on createManagedConnection.>
javax.resource.spi.ResourceAllocationException: CreateManagedConnection Error:
ailed to start the connection
at weblogic.connector.common.internal.ConnectionPool.makeResources(Conne
ctionPool.java:993)
at weblogic.connector.common.internal.ConnectionPool.getConnection(Conne
ctionPool.java:1762)
at weblogic.connector.common.internal.ConnectionPoolManager.getConnectio
n(ConnectionPoolManager.java:163)
at weblogic.connector.common.internal.ConnectionManagerImpl.allocateConn
ection(ConnectionManagerImpl.java:25)
at weblogic.jms.adapter.JMSBaseConnectionFactory.getSourceConnection(JMS
BaseConnectionFactory.java:97)
at weblogic.jms.bridge.internal.MessagingBridge.getConnections(Messaging
Bridge.java:699)
at weblogic.jms.bridge.internal.MessagingBridge.execute(MessagingBridge.
java:899)
at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:152)
at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:133)
<Jul 26, 2002 11:28:21 AM EDT> <Error> <Connector> <190006> <Error granting conn
ection request.>
<Jul 26, 2002 11:28:21 AM EDT> <Info> <MessagingBridge> <200042> <Bridge "MQ Ser
ies Bridge" failed to connect to the source destination and will try again in
55
seconds. (javax.resource.spi.ResourceAllocationException: CreateManagedConnecti
on Error: Failed to start the connection)>

I can only tell that at startup, WLS is trying to establish a connection. Question:
Connection to what? I haven't specified an MQ Series host or Queue Manager name
anywhere yet.

Thanks for your help,

Mike Wright

Dongbo Xiao

Jul 30, 2002, 9:22:00 AM7/30/02
Please see my comments inline.

"Mike Wright" <mike....@sita.int> wrote in message

> Hi all,
>
> I have seen other postings about this with some clues as to why I am
having this
> problem, but I still can't seem to resolve. I have already tried to gleen
some
> clues from the documentation that comes with the beta bridge to be used
with 6.1
> (wls_mqseries.pdf). Has anyone configure Weblogic 7.0 successfully with
the new
> Messaging Bridge? If so, could you summarize your steps and settings?

Here is the online doc
http://edocs.bea.com/wls/docs70/adminguide/msgbridge.html

As you can see from the doc I mentioned earlier, you have to configure the
source
and the target of the bridge (as two JMSBridgeDestination instances) and the
bridge itself (as a MessagingBridge instance). In the JMSBridgeDestination
instance,
you have to specify a couple of attributes, including url, initial context
factory,
connection factory JNDI, destination JNDI and destination type.

I don't know what you configured from the console, but the bridge instance
tried to connect to the source destination. Again, I don't know what is the
source
you configured, therefore not sure if the bridge was trying to connect to
MQSeries or WLS JMS.

Hope this helps.
Dongbo

Mike Wright

Jul 30, 2002, 10:34:33 AM7/30/02

Dongbo,

I'm sorry, I didn't want to mislead you to think I didn't read the docs prior
to posting the question. I do have the bridge and both destinations defined.
Here are the settings I am using for the "source" destination.

Name: MQJMS Bridge Destination Source
Adapter JNDI Name: eis.jms.WLSConnectionFactoryJNDIXA
Adapter Classpath:

Connection URL: t3://10.9.0.21:9003
Initial Context Factory: weblogic.jndi.WLInitialContextFactory
Connection Factory JNDI Name: mqConnectionFactory
Destination JNDI Name: mqDestSource
Destination Type: Queue

User Name:

Using the JMSAdmin tool, I defined the connection factory and queue objects which
were bound to the JNDI tree, obviously.
In order to connect using the IBM connection factory, you have to get an instance
of it and call the setter methods to specify the host, port, mode, channel, etc.
etc. Is weblogic trying to make a connection to MQ Series? How would Weblogic
know these settings without specifying anywhere?

IBM connection factory: com.ibm.mq.jms.MQQueueConnectionFactory
IBM Queue: com.ibm.mq.jms.MQQueue

Thanks,

Mike

Tom Barnes

Jul 30, 2002, 10:40:50 AM7/30/02
to Mike Wright
Have you read through the latest integrating foreign providers white-paper? It is
available on dev2dev, or you can find it here:
http://newsgroups.bea.com/cgi-bin/dnewsweb?cmd=article&group=weblogic.developer.interest.jms&item=9364&utag=

Tom

Dongbo Xiao

Jul 30, 2002, 1:47:41 PM7/30/02

> Dongbo,
>
> I'm sorry, I didn't want to mislead you to think I didn't read the docs
prior
> to posting the question. I do have the bridge and both destinations
defined.
> Here are the settings I am using for the "source" destination.
>
> Name: MQJMS Bridge Destination Source
> Adapter JNDI Name: eis.jms.WLSConnectionFactoryJNDIXA
> Adapter Classpath:
>
> Connection URL: t3://10.9.0.21:9003
> Initial Context Factory: weblogic.jndi.WLInitialContextFactory
> Connection Factory JNDI Name: mqConnectionFactory
> Destination JNDI Name: mqDestSource
> Destination Type: Queue
>
> User Name:

So your source is a MQSeries destination. However, the url, initial
connection factory you used are for connecting to the WLS.

> Using the JMSAdmin tool, I defined the connection factory and queue
objects which
> were bound to the JNDI tree, obviously.
> In order to connect using the IBM connection factory, you have to get an
instance
> of it and call the setter methods to specify the host, port, mode,
channel, etc.
> etc. Is weblogic trying to make a connection to MQ Series? How would
Weblogic
> know these settings without specifying anywhere?

The bridge connects to MQSeries by JNDI lookup of the connection factory and
Queue. That is why you have to specify the url, which is
is used for getting the initial context factory.

> IBM connection factory: com.ibm.mq.jms.MQQueueConnectionFactory
> IBM Queue: com.ibm.mq.jms.MQQueue

Then com.ibm.mq.jms.MQQueueConnectionFactory should be the
Connection Factory JNDI for the source and com.ibm.mq.jms.MQQueue should be
the Destination JNDI name.

One way to find out if your configuration for the MQSeries side
is correct is to write a stand alone client that uses the same url, initial
context factory, connection factory JNDI name and destination
JNDIName to send messages to the MQSeries queue.

Dongbo

Mike Wright

Jul 31, 2002, 2:20:22 PM7/31/02

Tom,

Thanks. The white paper seemed to have the info I needed.
Now I just need to figure out why the lookup of the MQ objects return javax.naming.Reference
rather than the actual object. I do have the ibm jar files in the classpath.

Thanks,

Mike