Errors setting PagingStore to JMSServer

Matt

Jun 18, 2004, 9:52:18 AM6/18/04

Any ideas why I can't do this? The Server and PagingStore annames are unique.
I get the following error:

Executing command: SET -mbean enterprise:Name=BATCH_06JMSServer,Type=JMSServer
-property PagingStore "enterprise:Name=BATCH_06PagingStore,Type=JMSFileStore"

<Jun 18, 2004 5:51:24 AM PDT> <Warning> <RMI> <BEA-080003> <RuntimeException thrown
by rmi server: weblogic.management.internal.RemoteMBeanServerImpl.setAttribute(Ljavax.management.ObjectName;Ljavax.management.Attribute;)
javax.management.RuntimeOperationsException: RuntimeException thrown by the setAttribute
weblogic.management.internal.WebLogicAttribute@1511fe6method of the Dynamic MBean.
java.lang.ClassCastException
at weblogic.management.configuration.JMSServerMBean_Stub.getStore(JMSServerMBean_Stub.java:1185)
at weblogic.management.configuration.JMSLegalHelper.isUnowned(JMSLegalHelper.java:97)
at weblogic.management.configuration.JMSServerMBean_Helper.validateAttribute(JMSServerMBean_Helper.java:159)
at weblogic.management.info.ExtendedInfo.validateAttribute(ExtendedInfo.java:323)
at weblogic.management.internal.DynamicMBeanImpl.checkAttributeValueIsLegal(DynamicMBeanImpl.java:1625)
at weblogic.management.internal.DynamicMBeanImpl.prepareForModification(DynamicMBeanImpl.java:1560)
at weblogic.management.internal.DynamicMBeanImpl.setAttribute(DynamicMBeanImpl.java:1082)
at weblogic.management.internal.ConfigurationMBeanImpl.setAttribute(ConfigurationMBeanImpl.java:311)
at com.sun.management.jmx.MBeanServerImpl.setAttribute(MBeanServerImpl.java:1358)
at com.sun.management.jmx.MBeanServerImpl.setAttribute(MBeanServerImpl.java:1333)
at weblogic.management.internal.RemoteMBeanServerImpl.setAttribute(RemoteMBeanServerImpl.java:367)
at weblogic.management.internal.RemoteMBeanServerImpl_WLSkel.invoke(Unknown
Source)
at weblogic.rmi.internal.BasicServerRef.invoke(BasicServerRef.java:466)
at weblogic.rmi.internal.BasicServerRef$1.run(BasicServerRef.java:409)
at weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(AuthenticatedSubject.java:353)
at weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(SecurityManager.java:144)
at weblogic.rmi.internal.BasicServerRef.handleRequest(BasicServerRef.java:404)
at weblogic.rmi.internal.BasicExecuteRequest.execute(BasicExecuteRequest.java:30)
at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:197)
at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:170)
--------------- nested within: ------------------
javax.management.RuntimeOperationsException: RuntimeException thrown by the setAttribute
weblogic.management.internal.WebLogicAttribute@1511fe6method of the Dynamic MBean
at com.sun.management.jmx.MBeanServerImpl.setAttribute(MBeanServerImpl.java:1361)
[...]

matt

Jun 18, 2004, 10:52:36 AM6/18/04

I figured it out. I can set the property if I manually edit the config.xml and
use "enterprise:Name=BATCH_06PagingStore,Type=JMSFileStore"

However, if I want to use the Admin utility I must set the type to JMSStore and
not JMSFileStore. Atleast, I can do that without getting the stack dump. I assume
that the two types are synonymous.

So this works:

SET -mbean enterprise:Name=BATCH_06JMSServer,Type=JMSServer
-property PagingStore "enterprise:Name=BATCH_06PagingStore,Type=JMSStore"

matt

Jun 18, 2004, 11:54:26 AM6/18/04

I thought I solved the problem. When I rexecuted the command, I got the stack
dump again. I retraced my steps to determine why I got it to work once and discovered
that if I reboot the server and then run the command it will be successful. Infact,
I can use either type JMSFileStore or JMSStore. This isn't a workable solution,
because I don't want to have to reboot. I'll try a different command sequence
to see if that helps.