Lookup exception on conncetionFactory

Yazid Benkhellat

Oct 24, 2003, 6:02:14 PM10/24/03

Greetings,

Have TopicSend and TopicReceive applications communicating fine either on PC or
on UNIX
when talking to a BEA weblogic JMS server 8.1 installed on PC.
The two applications are compiled with the two weblogic JMS relating files wljmsclient.jar
and wlclient.jar that come with workshop 8.1.

However when I try to use another unix machine as a JMS server (rev 6.1), the
lookup of topic
conncetion fails. See below. Any hints? Thanks.

Exception in thread "main" javax.naming.NamingException: Unhandled exception in
lookup. Root exception is org.omg.CORBA.portable.UnknownException: vmcid: 0x0
minor code: 0 completed: Maybe

at com.sun.corba.se.internal.corba.ClientDelegate.invoke(ClientDelegate.java:376)

at org.omg.CORBA.portable.ObjectImpl._invoke(ObjectImpl.java:457)

at org.omg.CosNaming._NamingContextStub.resolve(_NamingContextStub.java:244)

at weblogic.corba.j2ee.naming.ContextImpl.lookup(ContextImpl.java:187)

at weblogic.corba.j2ee.naming.ContextImpl.lookup(ContextImpl.java:174)

at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:347)

at com.qoptics.nba.xngi.TopicSend.initTopicSend(TopicSend.java:110)

at com.qoptics.nba.xngi.TopicSend.init(TopicSend.java:78)

at com.qoptics.nba.xngi.Main.main(Main.java:108)

When executing this line of code:

tconFactory = (TopicConnectionFactory)

PortableRemoteObject.narrow(ctx.lookup(JMS_FACTORY), TopicConnectionFactory.class);

where

JMS_FACTORY=="weblogic.jndi.WLInitialContextFactory"

and ctx is built including these two lines:

env.put(Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY, JNDI_FACTORY);

env.put(Context.PROVIDER_URL, URL);

where

JNDI_FACTORY=="corporatename.MQueueFactory"

URL== "t3://theServersIPaddress:7001"

Tom Barnes

Oct 24, 2003, 6:52:31 PM10/24/03
to Yazid Benkhellat
As documented, the thin clients only work with 8.1 and up. To
use a 8.1 client with previous versions you need the
whole weblogic.jar for your client instead, or to attempt
to create your own thin client based on the
weblogic.jar using the methods described
in the thin client white-paper (a bit of work there).

Yazid Benkhellat

Oct 27, 2003, 10:29:44 AM10/27/03

Thanks Tom.

I add weblogic.jar to the classpath when compiling and when running the two applications.
This time both applications just quit (terminate) on lookup without an exception!

Also, is weblogic.jar license free?
Thanks

Tom Barnes

Oct 27, 2003, 4:25:48 PM10/27/03
to Yazid Benkhellat

Yazid Benkhellat wrote:
> Thanks Tom.
>
> I add weblogic.jar to the classpath when compiling and when running the two applications.
> This time both applications just quit (terminate) on lookup without an exception!

That's a new one - your code isn't doing anything
different than any other client has to do. Did you remember
to remove the wl*.jar versions from the classpath? They
aren't designed to work with weblogic.jar and may
conflict in unanticipated ways.

> Also, is weblogic.jar license free?

I knew you were going to ask that one!

weblogic.jar is license free if used as a client, but a
license is required if used as a server.

Yazid Benkhellat

Oct 27, 2003, 6:13:50 PM10/27/03

My bad...I was using weblogic.jar version 8.1 and that's how I got that behavior.

It works fine now with weblogic.jar version 6.1. Thanks.

Tom Barnes

Oct 28, 2003, 10:38:40 AM10/28/03
to Yazid Benkhellat
Not your bad, the 8.1 weblogic.jar can interoperate
all the way back to 6.1. If it didn't, we'd have
a lot of unhappy customers. Something strange is going on,
but at least for now you have a work-around.