weblogic.jms.common.JMSException

Sri

Jun 20, 2003, 10:45:44 AM6/20/03

I'm trying to bridge between my weblogic 7.0 with 2 different wls6.1 SP2 servers
on a remote machine. These 2 different wls6.1 servers are running on the same
machine on 2 different ports. At any point of time only one bridge seems to work
fine. But when I try to bring up the 2 bridges my weblogic7.0 is throwing an error.
Could you please explain this behaviour. Here is the exception..

[exec] weblogic.jms.common.JMSException: Connection not found
[exec] at weblogic.jms.dispatcher.InvocableManager.invocableFind(Invoca
bleManager.java:121)
[exec] at weblogic.jms.dispatcher.Request.wrappedFiniteStateMachine(Req
uest.java:509)
[exec] at weblogic.jms.dispatcher.DispatcherImpl.dispatchAsync(Dispatch
erImpl.java:149)
[exec] at weblogic.jms.dispatcher.DispatcherImpl.dispatchSyncFuture(Dis
patcherImpl.java:300)
[exec] at weblogic.jms.dispatcher.DispatcherImpl_WLSkel.invoke(Unknown
Source)
[exec] at weblogic.rmi.internal.BasicServerRef.invoke(BasicServerRef.ja
va:298)
[exec] at weblogic.rmi.internal.BasicServerRef.handleRequest(BasicServe
rRef.java:267)
[exec] at weblogic.rmi.internal.BasicExecuteRequest.execute(BasicExecut
eRequest.java:22)
[exec] at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:139)

[exec] at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:120)
[exec] End server side stack trace

[exec] at weblogic.rmi.internal.BasicOutboundRequest.sendReceive(BasicO
utboundRequest.java:109)
[exec] at weblogic.rmi.internal.BasicRemoteRef.invoke(BasicRemoteRef.ja
va:127)
[exec] at weblogic.jms.dispatcher.DispatcherRemote_WLStub.dispatchSyncF
uture(Unknown Source)
[exec] at weblogic.jms.dispatcher.DispatcherWrapperState.dispatchSync(D
ispatcherWrapperState.java:282)
[exec] at weblogic.jms.client.JMSConnection.createSessionInternal(JMSCo
nnection.java:380)
[exec] at weblogic.jms.client.JMSXAConnection.createXAQueueSession(JMSX
AConnection.java:75)
[exec] at weblogic.jms.adapter.JMSBaseConnection.startInternal(JMSBaseC
onnection.java:257)
[exec] at weblogic.jms.adapter.JMSBaseConnection.start(JMSBaseConnectio
n.java:215)
[exec] at weblogic.jms.adapter.JMSManagedConnectionFactory.createManage
dConnection(JMSManagedConnectionFactory.java:190)
[exec] at weblogic.connector.common.internal.ConnectionPool.makeResourc
es(ConnectionPool.java:1002)
[exec] at weblogic.connector.common.internal.ConnectionPool.getConnecti
on(ConnectionPool.java:1777)
[exec] at weblogic.connector.common.internal.ConnectionPoolManager.getC
onnection(ConnectionPoolManager.java:190)
[exec] at weblogic.connector.common.internal.ConnectionManagerImpl.allo
cateConnection(ConnectionManagerImpl.java:25)
[exec] at weblogic.jms.adapter.JMSBaseConnectionFactory.getTargetConnec
tion(JMSBaseConnectionFactory.java:126)
[exec] at weblogic.jms.bridge.internal.MessagingBridge.getConnections(M
essagingBridge.java:753)
[exec] at weblogic.jms.bridge.internal.MessagingBridge.execute(Messagin
gBridge.java:919)
[exec] at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:215)

[exec] at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:191)

Tom Barnes

Jun 20, 2003, 9:53:24 AM6/20/03
to Sri
Hi Sri,

For full interoperability between domains of WL, the following
restrictions must be met:

All JMS servers must be named differently.
All WL servers must be named differently.
All JMS stores must be named differently.

This should fix your problem.

Tom

Sri

Jun 20, 2003, 11:10:57 AM6/20/03

Thanks Tom. The 2 different wls6.1 servers have different JMS Server name and different
JMS File store names but do have tha same WL Server Name. I dont think we can
change the name of these WL Servers as they come bundled with the PeopleSoft application.
Apart from changing my test environment is there any easy way out?

Again thanks for the prompt reply.

Tom Barnes

Jun 20, 2003, 1:42:47 PM6/20/03
to Sri

Sri wrote:
> Thanks Tom. The 2 different wls6.1 servers have different JMS Server name and different
> JMS File store names but do have tha same WL Server Name. I dont think we can
> change the name of these WL Servers as they come bundled with the PeopleSoft application.
> Apart from changing my test environment is there any easy way out?

I'm not aware of one, this is a documented WebLogic limitation.
You may first want to experiment with temporarily changing
the WL server name of one of the servers, to see if that
actually fixes the problem. If it does, contact PeopleSoft
support, if it doesn't, contact BEA support.

Since running only one bridge seems to work, you may be able
to work-around the problem by running the second bridge
on a different WL server than the first.

Tom

Sri

Jun 20, 2003, 3:34:42 PM6/20/03

Tom, why such a restriction. Does this restriction apply to the latest 8.1 release
too?

Tom Barnes

Jun 20, 2003, 5:37:29 PM6/20/03
to Sri

Sri wrote:
> Tom, why such a restriction.

There are good reasons and bad reasons. ;-)

Regardless, the reasons have to do with WebLogic internals, so
I'm not sure if I can go into them.

You can be assured BEA engineers are aware of the issue, but there
are no guarantees it will be addressed in a future release.

> Does this restriction apply to the latest 8.1 release
> too?

Yes.