WebLogic 5.1/JMS tables not found/Persistant Store not initialized

Daniel

Jun 5, 2001, 6:16:54 PM6/5/01
1. I am new to JMS
2. Using WebLogic 5.1 SP8 against an Oracle 8.1.7 db
3. I loaded up the tables properly(permissions granted etc., I can
access them normally through my application)
4. Here are my properties

weblogic.jdbc.connectionPool.mailPool=\
url=jdbc:oracle:thin:@DEVDB:1521:OBP1,\
driver=oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver,\
loginDelaySecs=1,\
initialCapacity=2,\
maxCapacity=8,\
capacityIncrement=1,\
allowShrinking=true,\
shrinkPeriodMinutes=15,\
refreshTestMinutes=30,\
testConnsOnReserve=true,\
testTable=dual,\
allow=guest,\
props=user=bpwl;password=password

weblogic.jdbc.TXDataSource.weblogic.jdbc.jts.mailPool=mailPool
weblogic.allow.reserve.weblogic.jdbc.connectionPool.mailPool=everyone
weblogic.jms.connectionPool=mailPool
weblogic.jms.tableNamePrefix=bp.
weblogic.jms.connectionFactoryName.TopicConnectionFactory=TopicConnectionFactory
weblogic.jms.connectionFactoryArgs.TopicConnectionFactory=\
DeliveryMode=persistent,\
TransactionTimeout=5
weblogic.jms.debug=true

5. upon starting, console looks like this:

<JDBC Pool> Creating connection pool mailPool with:
aclName=weblogic.jdbc.connectionPool.mailPool maxCapacity=8
allow=guest url=jdbc:oracle:thin:@DEVDB:1521:OBP1 allowShrinking=true
poolName=mailPool refreshTestMinutes=30 testConnsOnReserve=true
shrinkPeriodMinutes=15
props=user=bpwl;password=h9nq44capacityIncrement=1 testTable=dual
initialCapacity=2 loginDelaySecs=1
driver=oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver
<JDBC Pool mailPool> pool mailPool will be tested at a 30 minute
interval.
Delaying 1 seconds before making a mailPool pool connection.
<JDBC Pool> Connection for pool "mailPool" created.
Delaying 1 seconds before making a mailPool pool connection.
<JDBC Pool> Connection for pool "mailPool" created.
<JMS> JMS debugging enabled
<JMS> Beginning startup process
<JMS> Init JMS Security
<JMS> Init JMS persistent store
<JMS> Destination Table is bp.JMSDestination
<JMS> Consumer Table is bp.JMSConsumer
<JMS> Message Table is bp.JMSMessage
<JMS> MessageQueue Table is bp.JMSMessageQueue
<JMS> TableId Table is bp.JMSTableId
<JMS> Reserve Key Proc is bp.reserveJmsKeys
<JMS> Purge Messages Proc is bp.JMSPurgeMessages
<JDBC Pool> checking existence of connection pool mailPool requested
by user system
<JMS> DBMS type is Oracle
<JMS> Table Prefix is [bp.] []
<JMS> bp.JMSConsumer table does not exist
<JMS> bp.JMSDestination table does not exist
<JMS> bp.JMSMessage table does not exist
<JMS> bp.JMSMessageQueue table does not exist
<JMS> bp.JMSTableId table does not exist
<JMS> Persistent store, mailPool, has not been initialized.
<JMS> Startup process complete. JMS is quiescent
<JMS> Bound SessionPoolManager as weblogic.jms.SessionPoolManager
<JMS> Bound ConnectionConsumerManager as
weblogic.jms.ConnectionConsumerManager

I've tried looking through previous emails, and none of the solutions
I have found worked.

Now, I've verified that the following exist: JMSConsumer,
JMSDestination, JMSMessage, JMSMessageQueue, JMSTableId.
The following do not exist: reserveJmsKeys, JMSPurgeMessages (not sure
if these are tables or what relevance they have).

Lastly, the only reason we want this to work is to get persistant
emails working. I'm open to any suggestions.

Thanks for your efforts.

Dano

Subir

Jun 5, 2001, 8:51:53 PM6/5/01

Remove the following line from your weblogic.properties file and run the server
again :
///////////////////////////////
weblogic.jms.tableNamePrefix=bp.
///////////////////////////////

Subir

Stephen Felts

Jun 6, 2001, 8:31:10 AM6/6/01
I think that the "." suffix on you table prefix is causing a problem.
The period has significance - the format of the prefix is
[schema.[catalog.]]prefix
so it took bp as a schema name. You could also get rid of the prefix
altogether.

"Daniel" <daniel...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Daniel

Jun 6, 2001, 12:05:07 PM6/6/01
Thank you but that line is necessary to connect to the db tables.
i.e., I need "select * from bp.users ...". With it not-commented out,
it appears to get past the point below (when I did comment it out)

For kicks I did it anyway and get the following (which looks like a
step backward):

<JMS> DBMS type is Oracle

<JMS> Table Prefix is [] []
<JMS> java.sql.SQLException: ORA-00942: table or view does not exist
at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:168)
at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTIoer.processError(TTIoer.java:208)
at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.Oall7.receive(Oall7.java:543)
at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTC7Protocol.doOall7(TTC7Protocol.java:1405)
at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTC7Protocol.parseExecuteDescribe(TTC7Protocol.java:643)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.doExecuteQuery(OracleStatement.java:1674)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.doExecuteWithTimeout(OracleStatement.java:1870)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatement.executeUpdate(OraclePreparedStatement.java:363)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatement.executeQuery(OraclePreparedStatement.java:314)
at weblogic.jdbc.pool.PreparedStatement.executeQuery(PreparedStatement.java:48)
at weblogic.jms.server.JDBCStore.tablesInitialized(JDBCStore.java:1465)
at weblogic.jms.server.JDBCStore.checkStore(JDBCStore.java:1353)
at weblogic.jms.server.JDBCStore.<init>(JDBCStore.java:180)
at weblogic.jms.server.JMSManager.init(JMSManager.java:316)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.start(T3Srvr.java:1260)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.main(T3Srvr.java:827)
at weblogic.Server.startServerDynamically(Server.java:99)
at weblogic.Server.main(Server.java:65)
at weblogic.Server.main(Server.java:55)
<JMS> Unexpected SQL Error: java.sql.SQLException: ORA-00942: table or
view does not exist
<JMS> Persistent store, bpPool, has not been initialized.

<JMS> Startup process complete. JMS is quiescent
<JMS> Bound SessionPoolManager as weblogic.jms.SessionPoolManager
<JMS> Bound ConnectionConsumerManager as
weblogic.jms.ConnectionConsumerManager

Daniel

Jun 6, 2001, 12:52:56 PM6/6/01
Thanks, but I need to include the schema name. I get the following (I
appreciate everyone's help):

<JMS> DBMS type is Oracle

<JMS> Table Prefix is [bp] [bp]

[...]

Daniel

Jun 6, 2001, 1:10:48 PM6/6/01
Also, one more thing to note...

When I recreate the tables on the db, the entries in the JMSTableID
are:

JMSDestination 1
JMSConsumer 1
JMSMessage 1
JMSVersion 500

After starting up weblogic (with the properties as set in my original
post, i.e. with the "...tablePrefixName=bp."), the columns in the db
are updated to (but I still get the original problem):

bp.JMSDestination 1
bp.JMSConsumer 1
bp.JMSMessage 1
bp.JMSVersion 500

So, obviously WebLogic/JMS can see the table JMSTableID (which was
created in the same fashion as the rest).

I'll try proceeding with creating my mail-client to send out emails
and see if they are indeed being stored, etc. I'll also try reverting
to older service-packs.

Thanks again for all your help.

Dano