SocketException WLS 6.1 JMS

1 view

Rakesh Aggarwal

Mar 14, 2002, 10:40:46 PM3/14/02

The following exception is seen at the JMS client after (while)sending message
to JMS server. The setup is WebLogic 6.1 SP2 on Windows XP. The problem is NOT
seen when both the client and the server are on the same box. Despite the error,
the JMS message does get delivered to the server, as seen at the admin console.

My guess is that the error is due to timeout of winsock while reading the response
from the server. Any ideas on how to increase this timeout value? Any help regarding
this matter will be appreciated. My email address is ragg...@coxygen.com

Thanks

-Rakesh

STACK TRACE for exception at the JMS (sender) client:

<Mar 10, 2002 1:32:16 AM PST> <Error> <JavaSocketMuxer> <IOException on socket:

'Socket[addr=rakesh/192.168.1.104,port=7001,localport=1166]'

java.net.SocketException: Descriptor not a socket: JVM_recv in socket input stream
read

at java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead(Native Method)

at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:90)

at weblogic.socket.JavaSocketMuxer.processSockets2(JavaSocketMuxer.java:

281)

at weblogic.socket.JavaSocketMuxer.processSockets(JavaSocketMuxer.java:2

33)

at weblogic.socket.SocketReaderRequest.execute(SocketReaderRequest.java:

24)

at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:139)

Jane Sampson

Mar 15, 2002, 8:23:33 AM3/15/02
Hi Rakesh,

WebLogic Server (any version) is currently not supported on Windows XP
platform.

Jane Sampson
Developer Relations Engineer
BEA Support

"Rakesh Aggarwal" <ragg...@coxygen.com> wrote in message

Zach

Mar 15, 2002, 3:01:15 AM3/15/02
This stack trace seems incomplete. Is this a server side trace? The
sender gets back an exception? Where is the rest of the exception that the
client gets.

_sjz.

Rakesh Aggarwal

Mar 15, 2002, 2:56:29 PM3/15/02

Hi Zach,

The rest of the stack trace should be my application code invoking the JMS send
in the client.

Anyway, I think Jane's reply on this thread closes the problem for now. WLS is
not certified on XP yet.

-Rakesh

SImmie Kastner

May 25, 2004, 3:10:49 PM5/25/04
I am trying to bring up this thread on the weblogic site and nothing shows up. Could you possibly send it to me? Thanks --SImmie

Tom Barnes

Jun 2, 2004, 12:14:57 PM6/2/04
to SImmie Kastner