Error while getting the initialcontext in applets.

Karra L. Raju

Sep 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/18/00
Hi ,

I am using JMS with Applet as I need some streaming information on the
client end.
I am getting this strange error when I try to get an instance of the
initialcontext.

The code is as follows :
Hashtable env = new Hashtable();
"weblogic.jndi.WLInitialContextFactory");
env.put(Context.PROVIDER_URL, "t3://localhost:80/);
InitialContext c = new InitialContext(env);

The dump in the java console is :
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: javax.naming.NamingException: method <init>
(Ljava/lang/String;)V not found
at javax.naming.NoInitialContextException.<init>(Compiled Code)
at javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getInitialContext(Compiled Code)
at javax.naming.InitialContext.getDefaultInitCtx(Compiled Code)
at javax.naming.InitialContext.init(Compiled Code)
at javax.naming.InitialContext.<init>(Compiled Code)
at examples.jms.topic.TopicReceive.getInitialContext(Compiled Code)
at examples.jms.topic.TopicReceive.init(Compiled Code)
* at
netscape.applet.DerivedAppletFrame$InitAppletEvent.dispatch(Compiled
Code)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread$EventPump.dispatchEvents(Compiled
Code)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Compiled Code)
at
netscape.applet.DerivedAppletFrame$AppletEventDispatchThread.run(Compiled
Code)

Any help will be appreciated as this has brought the proceedings to a
dead end for the time being.

Thansk and regards,
Raju

Shree

Sep 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/26/00

I think problem is related to security. When accessing from client like applet you need to provide userid and passwrod.

Good luck