java.security.AccessControlException: access denied (java.util.PropertyPermission weblogic.kernel.allowQueueThrottling read)

Ram Gopal

Jun 12, 2003, 5:04:12 PM6/12/03

We are in the process of migrating from Weblogic 6.1 SP2 to SP5. We have an applet
that subscribes to a JMS Topic.
The applet is throwing the following exception with SP5:

java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError: java.security.AccessControlException: access
denied (java.util.PropertyPermission weblogic.kernel.allowQueueThrottling read)

at java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(Unknown Source)

at java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPropertyAccess(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.System.getProperty(Unknown Source)

at weblogic.kernel.Kernel.initAllowThrottleProp(Kernel.java:79)

at weblogic.kernel.Kernel.<clinit>(Kernel.java:54)

at weblogic.jndi.WLInitialContextFactoryDelegate.<init>(WLInitialContextFactoryDelegate.java:166)

at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at weblogic.jndi.WLInitialContextFactory.getInitialContext(WLInitialContextFactory.java:147)

at javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getInitialContext(Unknown Source)

at javax.naming.InitialContext.getDefaultInitCtx(Unknown Source)

at javax.naming.InitialContext.init(Unknown Source)

at javax.naming.InitialContext.<init>(Unknown Source)

at com.fedex.efm.frontend.model.JMSMessageProcessor.<init>(JMSMessageProcessor.java:266)

at com.fedex.efm.frontend.view.EFMAbstractApplet.startMessageProcessor(EFMAbstractApplet.java:81)

at com.fedex.efm.frontend.view.EFMAbstractApplet.start(EFMAbstractApplet.java:187)

at com.fedex.efm.frontend.view.EFMApplet.start(EFMApplet.java:430)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Any ideas as to what I am missing?

Thanks,
Ram

Tom Barnes

Jun 13, 2003, 8:51:27 AM6/13/03
to Ram Gopal
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 08:51:27 -0400
From: Tom Barnes <ple...@replyinnewsgroup.com>
Newsgroups: weblogic.developer.interest.jms
To: Ram Gopal <rsg...@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: java.security.AccessControlException: access denied (java.util.PropertyPermission
weblogic.kernel.allowQueueThrottling read)

I don't know what is happening. JMS hasn't been called yet -
the applet is still setting up its initial context. You might want
to try posting to the jndi (and perhaps rmi) newsgroup.

Tom

Stephen Felts

Jun 13, 2003, 11:42:02 PM6/13/03
This looks like it might be a bug in 6.1SP5,
weblogic/kernel/Kernel.java at line 85.
It's trying to do the right thing to ignore an exception if in
an applet but it's ignoring the wrong exception
(SecurityException, when it looks like the stack
trace is throwing a java.security.AccessControlException).
If you need a fix, this would need to go through support
and be filed as a problem with WLS Core.

"Ram Gopal" <rsg...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

lee

Oct 8, 2003, 9:46:26 PM10/8/03
All:
We are upgrading weblogic 6.0 to weblogic 6.1 and encounted exactly the same error. Just wondering if you guys were able to fix the issue with bea.

Your response is highly appreciated.

Thanks!

Li

Tom Barnes

Oct 9, 2003, 1:30:47 PM10/9/03
to lee
I suggest going through customer support, I don't know what
the resolution was. You might also try the security newsgroup,
as no JMS code has been called by the application yet at
the point the exception is thrown.

Tom