java.lang.SecurityException: Authentication for user system denied in realm wl_realm Error.

Eric Babin

Apr 3, 2002, 11:07:30 AM4/3/02

Getting this security exception when trying to pull a message from one weblogic
instance JMS queue, and sending the message (via a MDB) to another machine's JMS
queue.

Ex. Here's the scenario.

Two Windows2000Server machines,
one at ip ... xxx.xxx.x.16,
second machine at ... xxx.xxx.x.17.

MDB pulls message off of a JMS queue on 16. MDB sends the message to .17 box.

ON the .17 machine (the receiver) I get the following exception

weblogic.transaction.internal.CoordinatorImpl@31406b>
java.lang.SecurityException: Authentication for user system denied in realm wl_realm
at weblogic.security.acl.Realm.authenticate(Realm.java:212)
at weblogic.security.acl.Realm.getAuthenticatedName(Realm.java:233)
at weblogic.security.acl.internal.Security.authenticate(Security.java:125)
at weblogic.security.acl.internal.Security.verify(Security.java:87)
at weblogic.rmi.internal.BasicRequestHandler.handleRequest(BasicRequestHandler.java:76)
at weblogic.rmi.internal.BasicExecuteRequest.execute(BasicExecuteRequest.java:17)
at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:137)

ON the sending maching .16, I get the following exception.

####<Apr 3, 2002 9:46:24 AM CST> <Error> <RJVM> <testweblogic> <OptiSoftAppServer>
<ExecuteThread: '96' for queue: 'default'> <> <> <000000> <Unsolicited error response
for: '-1'>

The messages appear to show up on the destination machine, but are these error
messages valid, or just bogus?

Thanks,

Eric.

Tom Barnes

Apr 3, 2002, 4:54:49 PM4/3/02
to Eric Babin
I think there is a username/password field configurable in the MDB descriptor that
might help here??? Other than that, I suggest posting to the security newsgroup.

Tom

Tom Barnes

Apr 3, 2002, 5:07:51 PM4/3/02
to Tom Barnes
Or post to the EJB newsgroup (which "owns" MDBs).

Rajesh Mirchandani

Apr 3, 2002, 7:06:04 PM4/3/02
Make sure you have the same system password for the 2 instances of WLS on seperate boxes.

Tom Barnes wrote:

--
Rajesh Mirchandani
Developer Relations Engineer

Rajesh Mirchandani

Apr 3, 2002, 7:06:10 PM4/3/02

Tom Barnes wrote:

Tom Gerber

Apr 4, 2002, 6:16:58 PM4/4/02
Why is that? Your suggestion worked but I don't understand why.

When our MDB on machineA did the JNDI lookup to MachineB we set the
credentials to a valid user/password on MachineB.

My speculation: Since the MDB on machineA is already in a transaction
any other JNDI calls use the credentials for the MDB's transactions,
ignoring any other credentials we might try to set explicitly. If my
speculation is correct then that would explain by the passwords for the
user "system" would have to be the same between servers.

Is there a good place to read up on this?

Thanks

Tom