Subscribing to a foreign destination

Chacko

May 3, 2004, 3:38:53 PM5/3/04
Hello,

I am having trouble subscribing to a foreign destination. I have a WL8.1 instance set up on localhost with a foreign desitination pointing to a box at t3://wlstst1:8109. I can succesfully publish a message to the foriegn destination and pick it up on wlstst1. The problem is that I cannot subscrive to the foreign destination on my local box. When I attempt to deploy an MDB that subscribes to the foreign destination I get the following exception:

<May 3, 2004 3:26:13 PM EDT> <Warning> <EJB> <BEA-010061> <The Message-Driven EJB: SchedulerListenerEJB is unable to connect to the JMS destination: foreign.executeModel. The Error was:
[EJB:010196]'weblogic.jms.common.JMSException: Error creating session' Linked exception = 'weblogic.jms.dispatcher.DispatcherException: could not find JMS Server wls1_81t109'
weblogic.jms.common.JMSException: Error creating session
at weblogic.jms.frontend.FESession.setUpBackEndSession(FESession.java:798)
at weblogic.jms.frontend.FESession.consumerCreate(FESession.java:1036)
at weblogic.jms.frontend.FESession.invoke(FESession.java:2550)
at weblogic.jms.dispatcher.Request.wrappedFiniteStateMachine(Request.java:609)
at weblogic.jms.dispatcher.DispatcherImpl.dispatchSync(DispatcherImpl.java:153)
at weblogic.jms.client.JMSSession.consumerCreate(JMSSession.java:1814)
at weblogic.jms.client.JMSSession.createConsumer(JMSSession.java:1645)
at weblogic.jms.client.JMSSession.createSubscriber(JMSSession.java:1376)
at weblogic.ejb20.internal.JMSConnectionPoller.setUpTopicSessions(JMSConnectionPoller.java:1461)
at weblogic.ejb20.internal.JMSConnectionPoller.createJMSConnection(JMSConnectionPoller.java:1823)
at weblogic.ejb20.internal.JMSConnectionPoller.connectToJMS(JMSConnectionPoller.java:1076)
at weblogic.ejb20.internal.JMSConnectionPoller.trigger(JMSConnectionPoller.java:962)
at weblogic.time.common.internal.ScheduledTrigger.run(ScheduledTrigger.java:243)
at weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(AuthenticatedSubject.java:317)
at weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(SecurityManager.java:118)
at weblogic.time.common.internal.ScheduledTrigger.executeLocally(ScheduledTrigger.java:229)
at weblogic.time.common.internal.ScheduledTrigger.execute(ScheduledTrigger.java:223)
at weblogic.time.server.ScheduledTrigger.execute(ScheduledTrigger.java:49)
at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:197)
at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:170)
Caused by: weblogic.jms.dispatcher.DispatcherException: could not find JMS Server wls1_81t109
at weblogic.jms.dispatcher.DispatcherManager.dispatcherCreate(DispatcherManager.java:317)
at weblogic.jms.dispatcher.DispatcherManager.dispatcherFindOrCreate(DispatcherManager.java:356)
at weblogic.jms.frontend.FESession.setUpBackEndSession(FESession.java:796)
... 19 more
Caused by: javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Unable to resolve 'weblogic.jms.S:wls1_81t109' Resolved weblogic.jms; remaining name 'S:wls1_81t109'
at weblogic.rmi.internal.ServerRequest.sendReceive(ServerRequest.java:186)
at weblogic.rmi.cluster.ReplicaAwareRemoteRef.invoke(ReplicaAwareRemoteRef.java:284)
at weblogic.rmi.cluster.ReplicaAwareRemoteRef.invoke(ReplicaAwareRemoteRef.java:244)
at weblogic.jndi.internal.ServerNamingNode_811_WLStub.lookup(Unknown Source)
at weblogic.jndi.internal.WLContextImpl.lookup(WLContextImpl.java:338)
at weblogic.jndi.internal.WLContextImpl.lookup(WLContextImpl.java:333)
at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:347)
at weblogic.jms.dispatcher.DispatcherManager.dispatcherCreate(DispatcherManager.java:301)
... 21 more

I have no idea what is going on since the communication seems to work fine in one direction but not the other. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

-chacko

Tom Barnes

May 3, 2004, 6:08:15 PM5/3/04
to Chacko
Hi Chacko,

The weblogic descriptor must be modified to refer to the
foreign connection factory, not the default
(which is a WL connection factory).

<message-driven-descriptor>
<connection-factory-jndi-name>foo</connection-factory-jndi-name>
</message-driven-descriptor>

Tom

Prashanthi Pokala

Jun 1, 2004, 1:34:52 PM6/1/04

Hi Tom,
Can you elaborate on the foreign connection factory? What do I change it to?
Thanks
-Prashanthi

Tom Barnes <pleasereplyinnewsgroup.webl...@newsgroups.bea.com>

Tom Barnes

Jun 2, 2004, 12:32:32 PM6/2/04
to Prashanthi Pokala
Hi,

I recommend reading through the MDB documentation. It
has been extensively updated recently, and covers integration
with "foreign" or "remote" JMS destinations in detail - including
when and how to configure the connection factory.

http://edocs.bea.com/wls/docs81/ejb/message_beans.html

Tom