Getting WLS client to communicate

Mike

Sep 8, 2001, 2:23:47 PM9/8/01

I got the JMS "queue" example for Weblogic 6.1 working on the same box as the server
(NT). I then tried running the messaging classes on a Linux client. The RMI call
seems to make contact with WebLogic, however I get an error. Can anyone figure
it out?

I have a heavy weblogic.jar at the client plus JDK 1.3.1

The call is:

java examples.jms.queue.QueueBrowse t3://192.168.0.3:7003

The error starts off with:

java.io.StreamCorruptedException: Type code out of range, is 0 at java.io.ObjectInputStream.peekCode(ObjectInputStream.java:1280)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.SkipToEndOfBlockData(ObjectInputStream.java:1211)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.inputClassDescriptor(ObjectInputStream.java:776)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(ObjectInputStream.java:353)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(ObjectInputStream.java:232)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.inputObject(ObjectInputStream.java:978)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(ObjectInputStream.java:369)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(ObjectInputStream.java:232)...

Zach

Sep 9, 2001, 10:45:28 PM9/9/01
CLASSPATH mismatch. Where is the rest of th stack trace ?
Or it is recursive? I see two ObjectInputStream.java:232 frames.
If so can you see the base of the stack?

_sjz.

"Mike" <mi...@reportscores.com> wrote in message

Mike

Sep 10, 2001, 3:47:54 PM9/10/01

Zach,

Thanks for replying, below is the entire stack.

Mike

java.io.StreamCorruptedException: Type code out of range, is 0
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.peekCode(ObjectInputStream.java:1280)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.SkipToEndOfBlockData(ObjectInputStream.java:1211)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.inputClassDescriptor(ObjectInputStream.java:776)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(ObjectInputStream.java:353)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(ObjectInputStream.java:232)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.inputObject(ObjectInputStream.java:978)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(ObjectInputStream.java:369)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(ObjectInputStream.java:232)

at weblogic.common.internal.ChunkedObjectInputStream.readObject(ChunkedObjectInputSt
ream.java:107)
at weblogic.common.internal.ChunkedObjectInputStream.readObject(ChunkedObjectInputSt
ream.java:115)
at weblogic.rjvm.ConnectionManager.readPeerInfo(ConnectionManager.java:685)
at weblogic.rjvm.ConnectionManagerClient.handleIdentifyResponse(ConnectionManagerCli
ent.java:140)
at weblogic.rjvm.ConnectionManager.dispatch(ConnectionManager.java:626)
at weblogic.rjvm.t3.T3JVMConnection.dispatch(T3JVMConnection.java:454)
at weblogic.socket.JavaSocketMuxer.processSockets2(JavaSocketMuxer.java:311)
at weblogic.socket.JavaSocketMuxer.processSockets(JavaSocketMuxer.java:225)
at weblogic.socket.SocketReaderRequest.execute(SocketReaderRequest.java:24)
at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:137)
--------------- nested within: ------------------
weblogic.utils.AssertionError: ***** ASSERTION FAILED ***** - with nested exception:
[java.io.StreamCorruptedException: Type code out of range, is 0]
at weblogic.rjvm.ConnectionManager.readPeerInfo(ConnectionManager.java:687)
at weblogic.rjvm.ConnectionManagerClient.handleIdentifyResponse(ConnectionManagerCli
ent.java:140)
at weblogic.rjvm.ConnectionManager.dispatch(ConnectionManager.java:626)
at weblogic.rjvm.t3.T3JVMConnection.dispatch(T3JVMConnection.java:454)
at weblogic.socket.JavaSocketMuxer.processSockets2(JavaSocketMuxer.java:311)
at weblogic.socket.JavaSocketMuxer.processSockets(JavaSocketMuxer.java:225)
at weblogic.socket.SocketReaderRequest.execute(SocketReaderRequest.java:24)
at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:137)

Zach

Sep 10, 2001, 4:32:35 PM9/10/01
do a

java weblogic.version

on both the client side and server side with the same classpath used to run
the test. they should both be 6.1 or greater. if not then you have a
version mismatch and you need to get a matching jar file for the client.

_sjz.

"Mike" <mi...@reportscores.com> wrote in message

Mike

Sep 11, 2001, 10:41:29 AM9/11/01

On both the client & WLS: "WebLogic Server 6.1 07/23/2001 22:31:20 #129251"

WLS also has "Weblogic XML module 6.1 07/23/2001" which is not at the client.

Problem persists. I have a full copy of weblogic.tar at the client plus same run
time. I get the same error message on a class that does a simple JNDI lookup.

This whole thing is frustrating because BEA does not go into a lot of detail on
setting up clients to do JNDI or JMS with a WebLogic server. Their illustrations
show it and they have code examples that work when run at WLS but they don't explain
how to set up the environment at the clients.

If anyone has set up clients with WLS 6.1, it would benefit the group if you would
list the classes/jars that have to be at the client for the system to work.

Mike

Mike

Sep 11, 2001, 5:34:04 PM9/11/01

Problem resolved! Zach was right.

I discovered that my CLASSPATH was set to use jdk1.3.1, however my PATH was set
to use jdk1.2. Upon changing my path to jdk1.3.1, evething worked. Lesson: check
both CLASSPATH & PATH for a similar problem.

Here's how I got a remote JMS client (w/o WLS) to talk to a WLS on another machine.

1. I got the JMS example to work on WLS 6.1. which is fairly easy if you follow
the instructions. My WLS is on an NT box.

2. I then copied the java source files to a Linux box. Installed jdk 1.3.1 there
plus a copy of the weblogic.jar file. How much of the weblogic.jar file is required
I did not investigate.

3. I was then able to run QueueSend and QueueBrowse.

Sorry for all the posts guys. I hope somebody can benefit from this. Thanks go
out to Zach for taking the time to help on this.
2.