SMTP server down - Still server should not crash!

Preyas Joshi

Aug 31, 2001, 6:54:07 PM8/31/01

I'm using Weblogic 5.1 with service pack 9 installed and am using the
Process integrator environment with that. In my flow, when I send a mail
notification, in the situation that the SMTP mailserver is down, I do not
want to sent the mail message this time. Rather I want to have the mail sent
only after the SMTP host is available. How do I queue this mail message? Or
how can I build an listener interface that I can use to detect presence (or
absence) of the SMTP host.

Can I use the JMS services? if no, then what?

The exception (an obvious one) that I get is as follows :
javax.mail.SendFailedException: Sending failed;
nested exception is:
javax.mail.MessagingException: Unknown SMTP host: mySMTP.net;
nested exception is:
java.net.UnknownHostException: mySMTP.net
at javax.mail.Transport.send0(Transport.java:219)
at javax.mail.Transport.send(Transport.java:81)
at
com.bea.wlpi.server.workflow.action.ActionSendEMail.execute(ActionSendEMail.
java:185)
at
com.bea.wlpi.server.workflowprocessor.WorkflowProcessorBean.executeActions(W
orkflowProcessorBean.java, Compiled Code)
at
com.bea.wlpi.server.workflow.action.ActionCondition.execute(ActionCondition.
java:95)
at
com.bea.wlpi.server.workflowprocessor.WorkflowProcessorBean.executeActions(W
orkflowProcessorBean.java, Compiled Code)
at com.bea.wlpi.server.workflow.Start.activate(Start.java:124)
at
com.bea.wlpi.server.workflow.Workflow.instantiate(Workflow.java,Compiled
Code)
at
com.bea.wlpi.server.workflowprocessor.WorkflowProcessorBean$1.invoke(Workflo
wProcessorBean.java:709)
at
com.bea.wlpi.server.workflowprocessor.WorkflowProcessorBean.performWithError
HandlingWorkflowProcessorBean.java:1098)
at
com.bea.wlpi.server.workflowprocessor.WorkflowProcessorBean.instantiate(Work
flowProcessorBean.java:705)
at
com.bea.wlpi.server.workflowprocessor.WorkflowProcessorBeanEOImpl.instantiat
eWorkflowProcessorBeanEOImpl.java:466)
at
com.bea.wlpi.server.eventprocessor.EventListener.checkTrigger(EventListener.
java, Compiled Code)
at
com.bea.wlpi.server.eventprocessor.EventListener.onMessage(EventListener.jav
a, Compiled Code)
at
weblogic.jms.client.JMSMessageConsumer.readQueue(JMSMessageConsumer.java,Com
piled Code)
at weblogic.jms.common.MessageQueue.execute(MessageQueue.java:748)
at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java,
CompiledCode)

Preyas