Weblogic cluster - communication problems

Ryan Stuetzer

Aug 16, 2002, 10:40:36 AM8/16/02

We have 2 app servers clustered and they seem to be running fine other than the
following issue. Usually, once, maybe twice a day, the servers are unable to communicate...
It happens early in the morning when load is low... So it does not seem to be
a load issue. Could something be timing out? We are using 6.1 and we have JMS
on one of the servers. The only RMI we are doing between the 2 app servers are
the JMS calls, which is where we are seeing the problem. Any help would be great
!!!!

Zach

Aug 16, 2002, 11:07:29 AM8/16/02
What type of exceptiosn are you receiving?
_sjz.

"Ryan Stuetzer" <rstu...@allconnect.com> wrote in message

Ryan Stuetzer

Aug 16, 2002, 11:43:33 AM8/16/02

Zach, the exceptions start off as jndi exceptions and after several minutes we
jms exceptions are thrown:

----- First few minutes of problem ----------
javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Unable to resolve OrderEventQueue. Resolved:
'' Unresolved:'OrderEventQueue' ; remaining name ''
<<no stack trace available>>

----- Next few minutes of problem -----------
Exception is:

weblogic.jms.common.JMSException: RemoteInvokable - id: '263'

Start server side stack trace:
java.rmi.NoSuchObjectException: RemoteInvokable - id: '263'
at weblogic.rjvm.RJVMImpl.dispatchRequest(RJVMImpl.java:627)
at weblogic.rjvm.RJVMImpl.dispatch(RJVMImpl.java:589)
at weblogic.rjvm.ConnectionManagerServer.handleRJVM(ConnectionManagerServer.java:164)
at weblogic.rjvm.ConnectionManager.dispatch(ConnectionManager.java:637)
at weblogic.rjvm.t3.T3JVMConnection.dispatch(T3JVMConnection.java:454)
at weblogic.socket.PosixSocketMuxer.deliverGoodNews(PosixSocketMuxer.java:456)
at weblogic.socket.PosixSocketMuxer.processSockets(PosixSocketMuxer.java:385)
at weblogic.socket.SocketReaderRequest.execute(SocketReaderRequest.java:24)
at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:139)
End server side stack trace

You help is appreciated...

Thanks, Ryan

Ryan Stuetzer

Aug 16, 2002, 11:52:09 AM8/16/02

Zach,

Another symptom we are noticing (during the time we are having the communication
problem) is that the weblogic console displays the state of the cluster(s) as
not running. It appears as if they are not participating in the cluster, however
they are running and processing our client requests normally according to our
logs.

Thanks,
Ryan

Rajesh Mirchandani

Aug 16, 2002, 12:09:12 PM8/16/02
If you are on WLS 6.1SP2, upgrade to SP3.

Ryan Stuetzer wrote:

--
Rajesh Mirchandani
Developer Relations Engineer

Zach

Aug 16, 2002, 12:49:46 PM8/16/02
Check. SP3. This is likely a DGC timeout mismatch problem that was fixed
in SP3.
_sjz.

"Rajesh Mirchandani" <Re...@ToNewsgroup.Only> wrote in message

Ryan Stuetzer