TextMessage max size limitation

Paul

Nov 27, 2001, 5:21:13 PM11/27/01

I have no trouble sending an XML string up to about 9Mb to a WLS queue. Once I
go above that, the only Exception thrown is a weblogic.jms.common.JMSException:
Error sending message
Any ideas ?

Paul

Nov 28, 2001, 8:46:10 AM11/28/01

Paul

Nov 28, 2001, 9:33:18 AM11/28/01

"Paul" <Paul_...@bluecrossmn.com> wrote:

>I have no trouble sending an XML message up to about 9Mb to a WLS queue.

> Once I
>go above that, the only Exception thrown is a weblogic.jms.common.JMSException:
>Error sending message
>Any ideas ?

StackTrace of JMSException -

weblogic.jms.common.JMSException: Error sending message
at weblogic.jms.client.JMSProducer.sendMessage(JMSProducer.java:279)
at weblogic.jms.client.JMSProducer.send(JMSProducer.java:164)
at testproject.AdapterBeanUnitTest.testAsString(AdapterBeanUnitTest.java:140)
at testproject.AdapterBeanUnitTest.main(AdapterBeanUnitTest.java:66)-----------
Linked Exception -----------
weblogic.rjvm.PeerGoneException: ; nested exception is:
java.io.EOFException
java.io.EOFException
at weblogic.rjvm.t3.T3JVMConnection.endOfStream(T3JVMConnection.java:599)
at weblogic.socket.JavaSocketMuxer.processSockets2(JavaSocketMuxer.java:303)
at weblogic.socket.JavaSocketMuxer.processSockets(JavaSocketMuxer.java:225)
at weblogic.socket.SocketReaderRequest.execute(SocketReaderRequest.java:24)
at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:139)
--------------- nested within: ------------------
weblogic.rmi.extensions.RemoteRuntimeException - with nested exception:
[weblogic.rjvm.PeerGoneException: ; nested exception is:
java.io.EOFException]
at weblogic.rmi.internal.ProxyStub.invoke(ProxyStub.java:60)
at $Proxy2.dispatchSyncNoTranFuture(Unknown Source)
at weblogic.jms.dispatcher.DispatcherWrapperState.dispatchSyncNoTran(DispatcherWrapperState.java:341)
at weblogic.jms.client.JMSProducer.sendMessage(JMSProducer.java:269)
at weblogic.jms.client.JMSProducer.send(JMSProducer.java:164)

Tom Barnes

Nov 28, 2001, 2:14:28 PM11/28/01
to Paul
Once messages get this big, you may wish to compress and decompress messages
on the client to prevent heavy memory usage on the server and to improve network
performance. (see java.util.zip)

FYI, there is a MaxT3MessageSize and MaxHTTPMessageSize
setting on the server. This defaults to 10000000 which seems to be close
to the boundary you're hitting. If you can't find it on the console, drop the line:
MaxT3MessageSize="20000000"
into your server's section in your config.xml and see what happens.

Tom