PostgresSQL support for JMS

Jerome O'Neil

May 8, 2001, 5:06:07 AM5/8/01
I have been developing against the Cloudscape DB for JMS persistance. We're
using Postgressql everywhere else in our system, and would like to use it
for JMS as well. We have the requisite tables established, and the
connection pools are fine, but we are unable to start the JMS service when
we launch Weblogic 5.1.

The service throws a FileNotFound exception for the file
weblogic/jms/server/upgrade/jms450.jar

and then tells me

<JMS> Failed to upgrade JMS messages from 450 to 500.

I'm unable to find anything tangent in the documentation.

So, can anyone offer me a clue as to what's going on?

If you've got Postgres working for JMS, I'd like to hear from you.

Thanks!

Jerome O'Neil

Joel Nylund

May 8, 2001, 9:45:19 AM5/8/01
I have had lots of problems with jms and upgrading (4.5 to 4.51 didnt work, 4.51
to 5 didnt work either), I have resigned to doing it manually.

just run:

update JMSTableId set tableId = 500 where tableName = JMSVersion
(sorry if my syntax is bad, dont have sql infront of me)

then start your server, it should work.
-Joel

Lisa Popp

May 8, 2001, 12:57:30 PM5/8/01
FYI... there is a known SQL syntax problem with using PostgreSQL and WLS 5.1
tracked with CR041635. You will need to apply SP9 to resolve this problem.

-Lisa

Jerome O'Neil

May 9, 2001, 2:04:13 AM5/9/01
I'm unable to find any reference to that tracking number. Could you provide
some detail, or a link to the case?

Thanks!

"Lisa Popp" <po...@dev.null.com> wrote in message

Lisa Popp

May 8, 2001, 2:23:43 PM5/8/01

Problem Description:
with postgres weblogic JMS gives following error:
Thu Jan 25 14:48:22 EST 2001:<I> <JMS>
java.sql.SQLException: ERROR:
FOR UPDATE: relation "tableid" not found in FROM clause
at
org.postgresql.Connection.ExecSQL(Connection.java:393)
at
org.postgresql.jdbc2.Statement.execute(Statement.java:273)
at

org.postgresql.jdbc2.Statement.executeQuery(Statement.java:54)
at

org.postgresql.jdbc2.PreparedStatement.executeQuery(PreparedStatement.java:101)
at

weblogic.jdbc.pool.PreparedStatement.executeQuery(PreparedStatement.java:48)
at

weblogic.jms.server.JDBCStore.reserveDbKeys(JDBCStore.java:1018)
at

weblogic.jms.server.JDBCStore.storeDestination(JDBCStore.java:395)
at

weblogic.jms.server.JMSRegistry.addDestination(JMSRegistry.java:494)
at

weblogic.jms.server.JMSRegistry.addDestination(JMSRegistry.java:471)
at

weblogic.jms.server.JMSManager.initTopics(JMSManager.java:662)
at

weblogic.jms.server.JMSManager.doInitFromProperties(JMSManager.java:526)
at

weblogic.jms.server.JMSManager.initFromProperties(JMSManager.java:509)
at
weblogic.jms.server.JMSManager.init(JMSManager.java:334)

Problem Resolved with SP9:

Jerome O'Neil

May 9, 2001, 7:28:10 AM5/9/01
This is exactly the exception I am recieving, even after applying SP9.

Rats.

Any other clues for the needy?