JMS on SSL using T3s

Timothy Lee

Jun 21, 2002, 8:21:16 AM6/21/02
Dear all,

I am trying to implement a JMS client on SSL in my project. Both of
message from this newsgroup and BEA's FAQ say that JMS client can be
using SSL simply by changing from t3 to t3s protocol. I take the
QueueSend.java from the example of Weblogic 7. It works fine with t3
but I get exception for t3s. I am sure the t3s and SSL are enabled and
listening on 7002. Is anyone have any idea what exactly I need to do in
order to make the JMS on SSL?

Thanks a lot
Timothy

Exception in thread "main" javax.naming.CommunicationException. Root
exception is java.net.ConnectException: t3s://localhost:7002:
Destination unreachable; nested exception is:
java.io.IOException: Read channel closed.; No available router
to destin
ation
at weblogic.rjvm.RJVMFinder.findOrCreate(RJVMFinder.java:173)
at weblogic.rjvm.ServerURL.findOrCreateRJVM(ServerURL.java:262)
at
weblogic.jndi.WLInitialContextFactoryDelegate.getInitialContext(WLIni
tialContextFactoryDelegate.java:323)
at
weblogic.jndi.WLInitialContextFactoryDelegate.getInitialContext(WLIni
tialContextFactoryDelegate.java:221)
at
weblogic.jndi.WLInitialContextFactory.getInitialContext(WLInitialCont
extFactory.java:149)
at
javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getInitialContext(NamingManager.java:6
65)
at
javax.naming.InitialContext.getDefaultInitCtx(InitialContext.java:246
)
at javax.naming.InitialContext.init(InitialContext.java:222)
at javax.naming.InitialContext.<init>(InitialContext.java:198)
at
examples.jms.queue.QueueSend.getInitialContext(QueueSend.java:127)
at examples.jms.queue.QueueSend.main(QueueSend.java:96)

timothy.lee.vcf

Christian Buchegger

Jun 25, 2002, 12:59:39 PM6/25/02

this message may occur when the hostname of ther cert does not match the
hostname of the server,
which is typically the case for the examples. Try to set:
-Dweblogic.security.SSL.ignoreHostnameVerification=true
as described in: http://e-docs.bea.com/wls/docs70/security/cli_apps.html

Regards,
Christian Buchegger
Developer Relations Engineer
BEA Support

Timothy Lee

Jun 26, 2002, 7:06:24 AM6/26/02
I did that but still does not work. Interestingly, the same program works
over SSL on Weblogic 6.0. Do you have any idea?

Thanks,
Tim

timothy.lee.vcf